There was plenty of emotions in episode 8, and it was upsetting to watch, so expect more of these heartwrenching moments in Navillera episode 9. This is where we stand with the lead characters:
- Chae-rok accidentally learns that Deok-chul has Alzheimer’s disease — he found out by reading his manager’s notebook.
- Flashbacks show Deok-chul learning the news from his doctor, who advises that he should tell his family. While the disease is mild, the doctor tells him to take notes so he doesn’t forget anything.
- Chae-rok spends more time with Deok-chul’s family in episode 8, making it even more emotional for the character. He has a special bond with Deok-chul — he’s almost a father figure for him.
- Hae-nam learns that Seong-suk is not going to keep trying for a child in an emotional subplot.
- When Deok-chul attends ballet practice, he almost forgot his appointment at the hospital. When he finally arrives, he learns that his memory regression is getting worse and leaves the appointment early.
- As he makes his way home, Deok-chul forgets where he is and freezes in the middle of a park. Ho-beom and his friends see the man and check up on him. However, by grabbing him to find his phone to help, Deok-chul becomes increasingly upset as he doesn’t recognise anyone.
- Chae-rok is worried that Deok-chul did not return to the studio, so he looks for him. He finally finds Ho-beom’s group at the park surrounding Deok-chul and shouts at them. Ho-beom read Deok-chul’s notebook and understands the situation, so he asks his group to leave the man alone.
- To help bring back parts of his memory, Cha-rok dances for Deok-chul in the middle of the park.
Navillera episode 9 release date
Episode 9 will be released on Netflix on April 19, 2021. The usual time is 3:00 pm (GMT), but sometimes this varies. We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet (sometimes this happens in the K-Drama world.)
Episode 9 summary and predictions:
Expect more of the same story in episode 9:
- Chae-rok is conflicted as he is the only one who knows about Deok-chul’s situation — will he tell Eun-ho? The pair seem to be getting closer.
- We will have more understanding of how bad the disease has got for Deok-chul in the next two episodes.
- As for ballet, it looks like Deok-chul continues in the preview and seems to be enjoying it; however, there is a snippet of a scene where Chae-rok tells Deok-chul to quit.
- Will Chae-rok tell Deok-chul that he knows he has Alzheimer’s disease? It seems likely at this stage.
- How will Deok-chul’s family react when they find out? We can assume they will want him to quit ballet.
- Ho-beom returned in episode 8; how will he react to the news that Chae-rok helps care for Deok-chul. Will he soften? Will this be a chance to repair relationships?