This series does not appear to get reduce in quality at all, and viewers will be craving for The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 6 like junk food after a bad hangover. This is where we are with the characters:
- At the start of episode 5, Janine and June are still with the small rebellion group, and Janine has started a sexual relationship with Stephen. June is irked by it, feeling that Janine is being taken advantage of. Janine believes her relationship is genuine, stating the sex was consensual.
- June has to convince Stephen to join a mission to make a trade with another camp. It’s obvious June does not enjoy the lack of control, especially after gaining some power after fleeing Gilead.
- At the start of episode 5, Aunt Lydia has been made inactive in her role and is asked to rest. Joseph Lawrence recommends a ceasefire as a “consultant” to the commanders, but they reject his proposal.
- June wants to leave the small rebellion group and vows to find the Nighthawks — Janine does not want to join June initially, and the two women say their goodbyes.
- Lydia and Joseph strike a deal with each other; to help give each other back their respective roles. It works — Aunt Lydia is given a team of new Handmaids and Joseph is back in the Commander council with his title.
- In the Commander council, Joseph’s ceasefire proposal is approved; they ask Nick to coordinate a bombardment on the insurgent frontlines — Nick feels conflicted, knowing that the bombs will hurt June.
- And thus, the bombs hit the frontlines of Chicago, and June and Janine try to run away — however, they are hit with rubble. When June wakes up, she’s disorientated and she screams for Janine. In a grandstanding moment, Moira stands before her.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 6 release date and time
Episode 6 will be released on Hulu on May 19, 2021. The usual time is 12:00 (PT), but sometimes this varies and sometimes it comes out earlier than usual.
Season 4, episode 6 summary and predictions:
Here are our predictions and questions:
- Janine clearly left the small rebellion group to join June, but will they resurface in the story — the series pointedly gave names of two men (Brad and Stephen). Will Stephen try and look for Janine after the bombardment?
- Now that Aunt Lydia is back in charge of Handmaids, what is next for the character? It seems her thirst for a purpose has taken her this far. She wants June back, and we are left wondering how she will achieve this.
- With the bombardment decimating the frontlines, will Nick leave his post to attempt to find June? It seems unlikely — we believe he will hold on to rumors to suggest that June is still alive.
- What is Commander Joseph’s ultimate plan? Now that he’s back in the council, will he do what he proposed to June and try and reverse the evil he has created in Gilead? Historically, Joseph has always taken the “moral” choice in strange and unconventional ways.
- What will June do now that Moira has found her? Moira will be desperate to bring June back to Chicago, but will June leave Gilead behind knowing full well her daughter is still there? Also, if she cannot find Janine, that’s another reason for June to stay. Or, will June convince Moira to join in her efforts?
- And the BIG question — is Janine dead? Let’s hope not. That would be an upsetting moment in the story.