This series has reached a different phase, and viewers will be interested to see how June fares in Canada in The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 7. So this is where we are with the characters:
- We had no scenes from Gilead in episode 6 — it only focused on June on the boat with Moira.
- Moira desperately begs June to get on the boat in the last chapter, even though the aid team has no legal jurisdiction to bring people from Gilead past the checkpoint.
- Flashbacks show June and Luke’s engagement; Moira questioned whether they should get married as Luke cheated on his ex-wife after she couldn’t get pregnant. Luke reassures June that he isn’t the same man, and he will love her even if she changes.
- On the boat, June offers to turn herself in after learning there will be authorities checking every aid worker at the checkpoint. Moira pleads with Oona to help June, so they put a vest on her and give June a fake identification. It works.
- However, June has a last-minute “cold feet,” so she jumps onto a lifeboat; Moria and June have a passionate argument, which leads to June blaming herself for not saving Hannah. Moira does her best to reassure her friend that she is not a fault for what has happened at Gilead, and June agrees to stay on the boat to freedom.
- When the boat reaches its destination in Canada, June hesitates to get off. Luke meets her on the boat, and the pair embrace, but in a heartbreaking moment, June apologizes for not bringing Hannah back. She believes Luke will be disappointed, but Luke’s eyes are full of love for his wife.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 7 release date and time
Episode 7 will be released on Hulu on May 26, 2021. The usual time is 12:00 (EST), but sometimes this varies, and sometimes it comes out earlier than usual.
Season 4, Episode 7 summary and predictions:
- We expect episode 7 to return to Gilead — will authorities in Gilead learn that June has escaped? What does this mean for the state of the nation? Will there be a backlash after losing June, who is now considered a war hero?
- Is Janine alive? Episode 6 did not confirm or deny, which heavily suggests that she is okay. But if she is alive, what does this mean for the character? She could be in grave trouble, and she will likely return as a Handmaid.
- As for June, how will she adjust to life in Canada? She will likely be lost and traumatized. She will be frustrated at the lack of action and her inability to find a way to save Hannah.
- How will Moira and Luke handle June? Unfortunately, it’s not a quick fix — it’s years of trauma that June has suffered.
- Will June have the opportunity to meet the Waterford’s — with the link to her daughter Nicole, expect some fiery scenes here.