June is back in normal civilization, which has its effects, and viewers will be wondering what’s in store in The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 8. So this is where we are with the characters:
- Now in Canada, it’s not a simple adjustment for June — she has to adjust to normalcy, but luckily, Luke and Moira show patience and understanding as the character finds her feet. She has PTSD in the supermarket and remembers her time as a Handmaid.
- Luke asks for forgiveness from June in episode 7, but she tells him it isn’t necessary. Both parents feel pain, and June tells her husband that she met Hannah for 10 minutes while in Gilead.
- USA Government Official Mark asks June a range of questions regarding Gilead, but more specifically about Serena and Fred Waterford.
- June learns that Serena is pregnant, so visits her — with venom in her voice, she refuses Serena’s request for forgiveness and tells her she does not deserve any redemption.
- Knowing that she’s running out of time due to June being in Canada, Serena asks Fred for help.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 8 release date and time
Episode 6 will be released on Hulu on June 2, 2021. The usual time is 12:00 (PT), but sometimes this varies, and sometimes it comes out earlier than usual.
Season 4, episode 8 summary and predictions:
Here are our predictions and questions:
- The next episode is called “Testimony,” which suggests court proceedings against the Waterford’s — it also means that June is likely going to have to deal with her painful past.
- Scenes in Gilead have been absent in the last two chapters, but we expect an appearance from Commander Lawrence and Aunt Lydia in episode 8.
- With time running out, what will Serena and Fred Waterford plan for their legal proceedings? It seems unlikely that they will get away with their war crimes scot-free, but you never know in this series.
- Will June and Luke manage to re-energize their relationship? There were some odd moments in episode 8, including the controlled sex scene between them. Will their marriage survive this?
- Following on from this episode, what will June and Luke plan to get Hannah back?