Next Time On… The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 9 What's next for Janine?
The arrival of June in Canada has had an impact, and it brings unpredictability for The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 9. So this is where we are with the characters:
- At the start of episode 8, an Aunt from the past confronts Emily, and she wants to talk.
- Luke is struggling with June and tells Moira that he isn’t sure who she is anymore. As a result, there’s a strain in their relationship.
- Lydia is out of control in episode 8, randomly tasering another Aunt and a Handmaid. Commander Lawrence threatens to remove her Aunt’s position and lets her know that Janine has been found.
- June gives her testimony against the Waterford’s in court in episode 8, bringing a significant statement in the story.
- In the support group, Aunt Irene asks Emily for forgiveness — June let Irene into the group so she could face Emily. Emily does not forgive Irene, but when she tries to visit the ex-aunt later on, she learns she has hung herself.
- Janine tells Aunt Lydia that she’d rather die than become a Handmaid again.
- Surprisingly, the Waterford’s have some loyal supporters in Canada.
- Near the end of episode 8, June rallies the women in the support group, encouraging them to get angry and feel revengeful. Moira is against the idea, but the women feel armored. Even Emily says she is happy Irene is dead and hopes she was the reason.
- At the end of episode 8, June comforts Luke and states she will tell him about the last time she saw Hannah.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 9 release date and time
Episode 9 will be released on Hulu on June 9, 2021. The usual time is 12:00 (PT), but sometimes this varies, and sometimes it comes out earlier than usual.
Season 4, episode 9 summary and predictions:
Here are our predictions and questions:
- Will Janine be made into a Handmaid, or will Aunt Lydia take a different path? We get the feeling Janine is in a more precarious position — her life is at risk.
- Now that June has decided to go to Luke for healing, what does it mean for her relationship with the other women. Moira is clearly dissatisfied with her actions, which means an aggressive confrontation is imminent.
- With the Waterford’s gaining support in Canada, will this help their case? We can only imagine what the reaction will be if they get away with their war crimes.
- Luke and June’s relationship has really been a sore point in the story since June’s freedom. It can go either way, but it wouldn’t surprise us if they have to split.