This series has had a brilliant two weeks, and we are excited for Racket Boys episodes 5 and 6 next week. Here is where we are with the lead characters:
- Councilman Jeong Byeong-hwi offers the school funding, but it’s conditional — he wants coach Hyeon-jong to push his son In-sol so much that he quits anything athletic.
- Regardless, the badminton team try to recruit In-sol as they are impressed with his skills, however, Hae-kang is sceptical.
- For a tournament, head coach Bae secures funding so the team can enter.
- At the hotel the night before the tournament, Hyeon-jong gets wasted and wakes up hungover. He takes the team to the wrong gym — due to being late and Coach Fang’s protest, his team is disqualified. This moves the team into the risk category for disbandment.
- Coach Hyeon-jong feels guilty that his error led to the team missing out, but head coach Bae tells him he needs to act as a coach and boost morale.
- In-sol sticks up for himself to his father and asks if he can pave his own way in life without his influence.
- Councilman Jeong Byeong-hwi starts withdrawing his funds knowing that his son wants to be part of the team — the risk of badminton no longer existing at the school is high. Regardless, In-sol joins the team officially.
- At the end of episode 4, Hae-in ends up in the hospital, and Hae-kang is frantic; however, he learns the badminton team and the neighbors all grouped together to make sure she got to the hospital safely.
- As the episode ends, Hae-kang thanks Grandma for her help with his sister and asks if his friends can stay over to play video games; he’s starting to realise how much he appreciates his new friends.
Racket Boys episodes 5 and 6 release date
Episode 5 will be released on Netflix on June 14, 2021. The usual time is 4:00 pm (GMT), but sometimes this varies. We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet (sometimes this happens in the K-Drama world.) Episode 6 will be released at the same time the day after.
Summary and predictions for Racket Boys episodes 5 and 6
- Will the badminton be disbanded? It seems likely that something dramatic will happen, and how the characters react will be important.
- The story between Se-yoon and Hae-kang cooled slightly in episode 4 — we wonder if this teenage romance will develop.
- In-sol may be key in keeping the badminton team together, especially as his father holds all the keys to the budget.
- Expect more fierce rivalry between Coach Fang and Coach Hyeon-jong, especially after Fang’s claims that he will never have a national player in his team.