Next Time On… The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 10, the finale What will June do now that Fred is free?
With Fred turning himself into an asset for the United States government, The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 10 is looking to be a thrilling finale. So this is where we are with the lead characters:
- Luke, June, and Mark ring Commander Lawrence in episode 9, asking for help to bring Hannah to Canada. However, the Commander rejects their request and tells June she should try and find a way to be happy with her freedom.
- The Aunts are wondering what to do with Janine, but Aunt Lydia firmly tells them that any family would be happy to have her. Aunt Lydia does have a problem with Ester, who refuses to comply with the rules.
- Janine warns Ester that the Aunts will repeatedly hurt her if she does not comply and offers her a helping hand. Ester decides to listen to Janine’s warning and comply with Aunt Lydia.
- It was Luke’s idea in episode 9 for June to meet Nick to see if he can find a way to save Hannah.
- Serena is concerned about her future wellbeing in episode 9 after Naomi tells her to return to Gilead with her child — she fears she will be turned into a Handmaid.
- In an emotional moment, June meets Nick and asks if he can help with Hannah, however, he says he can’t due to the danger surrounding it. However, he has managed to obtain information on Hannah — photos, what school she is in, and her progress. June is happy with the information and shares it with Luke.
- At the end of episode 9, Mark reveals that Fred is now an asset to the US government and will no longer be prosecuted.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 4, episode 10, the finale release date and time
Episode 10 will be released on Hulu on June 16, 2021. The usual time is 12:00 (PT), but sometimes this varies, and sometimes it comes out earlier than usual.
Season 4, episode 10 summary and predictions:
Here are our predictions and questions:
- While Commander Lawrence stated he would not help June bring back Hannah, we wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a u-turn on this with Nick.
- Now that Ester is complying, we wouldn’t be shocked if Aunt Lydia assigns Ester and Janine to a family.
- What will June do now that she’s learnt that Fred is an asset — her anger towards the Waterfords is untapped. Will she hurt Mark like she said she would? Episode 10 feels unpredictable, with the audience having no idea what the character will do.
- What will Fred leverage now he’s an asset and does that mean he will no longer return to Gilead? Does this put Serena in a compromised position?