Next Time On… Loki season 1, episode 6 – what’s gonna happen in the finale?
This article contains spoilers for Loki season 1, episode 5, “Journey Into Mystery”, and potential spoilers for Loki season 1, episode 6.
The latest episode of Loki might have been the best of the season — a big, bombastic, meaningful penultimate chapter that left the future of the show and its many mysteries excitingly open-ended. Before we try and figure out what might happen in the finale, let’s quickly round up the major points from the latest outing:
- Both Loki and Mobius survived their pruning, finding themselves in what was essentially a temporal landfill chock full of all the variants that had been trimmed from the Sacred Timeline — including many Loki Variants and a big, roiling smoke monster called Alioth.
- Sylvie and Ravonna Renslayer both figured out that the real puppet master of the Time-Keepers and the TVA was probably hiding out beyond the Void at the end of time. Of course, Ravonna predictably betrayed Sylvie, and the Variant was forced to prune herself so that she could hook up with Loki.
- Sylvie figured out that Alioth was basically a guard dog for the Void, and that if she could enchant the creature she’d be able to get beyond it. Eventually, she was able to, but with some help…
- Loki Variants! There were a lot of them in “Journey Into Mystery”, but after a leadership dispute between President Loki and Boastful Loki, the important ones left behind were Classic Loki, Kid Loki, and Alligator Loki. The former sacrificed himself in order to distract Alioth, so RIP to Richard E. Grant, I guess.
- Mobius returned to the TVA to, in his own words, “burn it down”, while Loki and Sylvie proceeded onwards, beyond the Void.
Loki season 1, episode 6 release date:
The finale will air on Disney+ on Wednesday, July 14, at the usual time of 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. PT/8 a.m. GMT.
Loki season 1, episode 6 predictions and observations:
There’s plenty that could still happen in Loki‘s final episode and a good chance that some of it will have some significant cosmic consequences for the entire MCU.
- It seems like we’re building two separate climactic conflicts here. With Mobius’s return to the TVA, he’s clearly going to square off against Ravonna Renslayer and the few loyalists that remain to her. That will almost certainly entail breaking Hunter B-15 out of custody. Elsewhere, Loki and Sylvie are going to get to the bottom of who’s really behind all of this. Kang the Conqueror cameo incoming? Or are we predicting someone else is involved?
- What happened to Kid Loki and Alligator Loki? The former gave his dagger to our Loki, but then they both left with Classic Loki. The Classic Variant returned for his heroic self-sacrifice, but we didn’t see the other two unless I missed it. I think the chances of them being back for the finale are probably pretty slim, but it’s a possibility.
- Loki and Sylvie’s relationship works as a joke about Loki’s narcissism, but can it really work as a real romance? To be honest, I think the show might be building more towards a mutual platonic love, perhaps as a way to redeem Loki and shift him more to the good guy side of things with less ambiguity. He basically said as much in “Journey Into Mystery”.