The latest episode of Superman and Lois was a good one — and also one that raised many questions about what might be going to happen moving forwards. There are only a few episodes left in the season, so this is an important time for the show. There have been red herrings, misdirections, and namedrops aplenty, but everything seems to be solidifying for a big blowout to see the first season off. Before we begin speculating about Superman and Lois season 1, episode 13, let’s take stock of where we stand currently:
- Edge and Zeta-Rho attempted to “Eradicate” Superman and use his body as a vessel for the consciousness of none other than General Zod.
- Lois brought John Henry Irons back into the fight, and he worked with General Lane to create a contingency plan for Superman going postal.
- Irons, in his full Steel regalia, fought Superman almost to the death but was able to push him to break through the eradication by thinking of his family.
- Superman, now himself again, teamed up with Irons to stop Edge. They interrupted him blasting the Eradicator with his heat vision and were able to apprehend him, but the episode’s climax showed that he potentially had another consciousness inside him, imploring him to complete his mission.
Superman and Lois season 1, episode 13 release date:
“Fail Safe” will air Tuesday, June 20, 2021, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Here is the official promo:
Superman and Lois season 1, episode 13 predictions:
- Judging by that promo, I think it’s safe to say we’re continuing with the question of whether or not Superman is corruptible. There are scenes of Superman talking to Edge Skyfall-style through the prison cell, and Edge seems pretty adamant that the two of them are more alike than Clark would care to admit.
- In the comics, Superman gives the Eradicator a taste of his heat vision and flings it into the sun, but it returns with a human personification. Considering Edge was seemingly attempting this feat at the end of the previous episode, and we saw that his eyes were glimmering with Eradicator possession, does he have the Eradicator itself inside him now?
- If Edge is not becoming the human embodiment of the Eradicator, is he harboring Zod’s consciousness? That seems like a bit of a stretch, but you don’t drop names that big if you’re not going to do anything with them.