Next Time On… Titans season 3, episode 11 – “The Call is Coming from Inside the House” guess who's back
In the latest episode of Titans, things went very badly wrong. And they’re looking as though they might get worse in Titans season 3, episode 11, though there are some rays of hope in the form of returning characters whose absence has been deeply felt throughout the season. Scarecrow and Jason might have the upper hand for now, but that might change in “The Call is Coming from Inside the House”. Here’s where we stand:
- Scarecrow’s plan to contaminate Gotham’s water supply with his anti-fear toxin was a huge success, sending at least half of the populace into frenzied maniacs, and then pinning the blame for it all on Bruce Wayne and the Titans.
- Thanks to Scarecrow’s propaganda, the Titans were forced to retreat from public view and leave the city to destroy itself. Dick’s plan for them to publicly surrender themselves to the GCPD backfired when the cops got too rough, leading to a brawl in the foyer and Blackfire getting shot.
- Starfire attempted to heal Blackfire’s injuries, but her sister, either consciously or accidentally, took all her powers.
- Donna Troy was delayed on her return to Gotham by Lydia, who forced her to confront her own past and responsibilities in sepia-tinted woodland trials. By the end of the episode, though, she did make it through the city limits.
- Raven returned and reunited with Gar, though all the other members of the Titans are currently scattered around the city and in hiding.
Titans season 3, episode 11 release date
“The Call is Coming from Inside the House” is scheduled to release exclusively on HBO Max on October 7, 2021, at 3am EST.
Where to watch online
As mentioned above, Titans airs exclusively on HBO Max. Provided you have a subscription and the add-on, the service can also be accessed through platforms such as Xfinity, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Spectrum, YouTubeTV, and DirecTV.
Predictions and potential spoilers
Will the tide start to turn in the latest episode? The return of Donna and Raven suggests so, but it’s going to take some effort. Here’s how it might shake out:
- What is Scarecrow’s plan for Wayne Manor? One assumes he’s really after the Batcave, which he can use as a base of operations to terrorize the city further (one also suspects that this was why he has been so adamant about keeping Jason around since the beginning. Red Hood is a nice symbol, but access to the Batcave and all Bruce’s goodies seems more valuable to him).
- Now that Barbara has been arrested, will she go full vigilante for old times’ sake?
- Did Blackfire steal her sister’s powers intentionally? I like the idea that she did. If that was her plan all along it makes her seem like a really capable, conniving villain, and it sets up an interesting conflict. What unfinished business does she have to attend to? We’ll see.
- Is it me, or was Raven acting a little weird? Her out-of-nowhere low-key return just didn’t sit right with me.
- Donna’s first order of business will, presumably, be to bring all the Titans back together. Will we see Dawn return? Probably not, since it hasn’t even been implied. Given what Lydia said to her about leadership, I think we’re moving in the direction of her taking the group’s reigns.