The latest episode of The Walking Dead set into motion a plan to take Meridian back from the Reapers. That should, hopefully, allow two of the ongoing storylines to intersect, given that Daryl is currently there playing double-agent. There was also more development for the Commonwealth, including a pretty clear class divide and a harsh, nebulous judicial system, and while we didn’t check in on Alexandria, the prospect of its imminent collapse seems to be on everyone’s minds. The Walking Dead season 11, episode 8, “For Blood”, promises to bring all of this to some kind of logical breakpoint for the first — of a planned three — season finale. Here’s how things stand:
- Things in the Commonwealth aren’t looking good. Eugene, Ezekiel, Princess, and Stephanie are all tasked with clearing walkers out of buildings that have been marked for future expansion, and they have no idea how long the sentence will last, while Yumiko is given a power position as legal representative to Governor Pamela Milton and her Cabinet.
- Tired of the rudeness of a particularly unpleasant rich man and his girlfriend, Eugene punches him in the face, only to be told after the fact that he was Milton’s son. He’s looking at life in prison if he doesn’t divulge the coordinates of Alexandria.
- Maggie decides to use the tactics of the Whisperers to lead a horde to Meridian in order to free it from Reaper occupation, but she needs Negan’s help to do that, and they continue not to get on. After a tense, frank conversation about whether or not Negan would do things differently if he had the chance, they square their own differences for long enough to accumulate a giant horde and begin the journey to Meridian.
- Daryl and Leah, under Pope’s instructions, head out to try and find Pope’s surviving enemies. Eventually, they stumble on a man whose wife is dying, and mercy kill her before being recalled back to Meridian since something is obviously afoot.
The Walking Dead season 11, episode 8 release date
“For Blood” is slated to release on October 10, 2021, at 9 pm ET, on AMC. The new episode has already premiered on AMC+ on October 3, 2021, since the streaming service is making new episodes available a week in advance.
Where to watch online
Since The Walking Dead is such a popular and longstanding show, there are many different ways to check out the latest episode. The most efficient for die-hard fans is, obviously, an AMC+ subscription, which allows you to view the episode a week before everyone else. Using AMC’s app or website, the episode can be live-streamed at the date and time above when it officially airs, and anyone else can access the episode via a litany of live TV streaming platforms such as Spectrum, Sling TV, DirecTV, Fubo TV, Philo TV, Xfinity, Apple TV, and YouTube TV.
Predictions based on the previous episode
With this being the first mid-season finale, we can expect some big developments. Some predictions:
- Maggie, Negan, and co., under the guise of the herd, will attack Meridian. One assumes that the attack won’t be entirely successful, especially since the place is so well guarded and fortified, but it’ll probably do enough damage to cause some chaos.
- In the aftermath of the attack, Pope is going to want to know who’s responsible, which will likely put Daryl in an even more difficult position.
- Since we got plenty of Commonwealth stuff in the latest episode, it seems likely that it’ll be dropped in favor of more focus on Alexandria. With the place already on its last legs, the chances of this being a happy-go-lucky plot are slim. It makes sense at this point, I think, to begin moving the Alexandria and Commonwealth plots closer together.
- Are we due a major character death?