There has already been some speculation about Hawkeye season 1, episode 5, mostly along the lines of it being likely to “blow up Twitter a bit”, a scoop from an industry insider roughly equivalent to a weatherman claiming the sky tomorrow might be a bit blue. Every week trending topics emerge as people watch the latest episode and furiously tweet their thoughts — and accompanying screenshots, spoilers be damned — and theories. The latest episode, “Partners, Am I Right?” produced a couple of those itself, mostly relating to the last-minute appearance of Florence Pugh’s Yelena Belova, the sister of late Black Widow Natasha Romanov. But her arrival this week, with two episodes remaining, suggests that whatever big reveal is likely to set social media afire isn’t anything to do with her. It isn’t hard to guess what it might be, but let’s just take account of where we actually stand:
Hawkeye season 1, episode 4 recap:
- Clint’s wife, Laura, learned that Sloan Limited is really a front for money laundering on behalf of the Tracksuit Mafia, and Jack Duquesne is its CEO.
- Clint and Kate worked through some of Clint’s personal issues following the death of Black Widow, the loss of his family during the Blip, and his time as Ronin (who she figures out was one of his alter egos.)
- Kate befriended some of the LARPers in order to regain Clint’s trick arrows from an NYPD lockup, a favor in exchange for materials that’ll be used to build the LARPers (as well Clint and Kate, if she has anything to say about it) new costumes.
- Clint tracked a Rolex sold at the black market auction to Maya’s apartment, where he, her, Kate, and eventually Yelena all got into a bit of a fight. With the involvement of a Black Widow assassin, Clint realized that the situation was beyond the scope of Kate’s experience and told her to essentially keep herself out of it, which we all know she won’t do.
Hawkeye season 1, episode 5 release date
Hawkeye episode 5 will be released on Disney+ on December 15th, 2021. We don’t yet know the title of the episode. All episodes of the show debut at the same time globally, translating to 12am PT in the US, 3am ET in the US, 8am GMT in the UK, 9am CET in Europe, 1:30pm IST in India, and 7pm AEDT in Sydney, Australia.
Where to watch Hawkeye online
As stated above, Hawkeye airs exclusively on Disney+. It is only available to watch via a subscription and will have six episodes.
Given that basically anything relating to a Marvel show will “break the internet”, the events of Hawkeye episode 5 could be relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. But given speculation that has been generated based on clues in previous episodes, it’s easy to imagine that one event, in particular, will send people into a real frenzy, mostly because of its implications for the wider continuity. So, here’s that prediction, among some others:
- Yelena obviously still blames Clint for Natasha’s death, so you can expect her to be a little antagonistic until we get the “big moment” of the three of them working together against a common enemy, who might be…
- Jack Duquesne is obviously Marvel’s Swordsman, so there’s conflict coming there, but Maya’s “uncle” and the man way above the Tracksuit Mafia is rumored to be…
- Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin! Which would pair very well with the recent news that Charlie Cox will be reprising his role as Daredevil. Which, of course, opens the door for all kinds of other debuts, including Jon Bernthal’s Punisher, but let’s not get too excited just yet.
- Will Clint make it home for Christmas? The jury’s still out.