Next Time On… Swagger season 1, episode 10 – “Florida”
The latest episode of Swagger had a strong focus on fathers (even surrogate ones) and their children, while also positioning Jace and the rest of the team for Nationals. But various spanners were thrown in the works, not least lingering subplots and relationships from previous episodes, and new problems that emerge in this one. There’s everything to play for in Swagger season 1, episode 10, the finale, so here’s where things stand as of the penultimate installment.
Swagger season 1, episode 9 recap
- Jace and Jackie received a letter from their father after Jackie tracked him down and contacted him. The letter explains he now lives in Florida (the title of the finale), and has another daughter.
- Jace continued to have an antagonistic relationship with Ike, but refused to abandon the team. Swagger won several games on the way to the Nationals, eventually coming up against the Maryland Prodigies, whose coach, Deandre Wilson, jeered Jace to distraction in his first game.
- Despite Deandre’s efforts, Swagger emerged victorious, but Jace left with a nasty MCL sprain that’ll keep him benched for six weeks — the nationals are in three.
- Meg’s father died from his cancer, and Ike confessed to her, in a roundabout way, that he did intentionally throw his final high-school game.
- Musa’s relationship with Tamika threatens to expose the assault on Crystal’s coach, since his father is investigating the attack.
Swagger season 1, episode 10 release date
“Florida” is slated to air on December 17, 2021, at 12 a.m. ET, exclusively on Apple TV+
Where to watch Swagger online
As mentioned above, Swagger is exclusive to Apple TV+. The streaming platform is available with a subscription costing $4.99 per month. New subscribers get a 7-day free trial.
Predictions for “Florida”:
There’s everything to play for in the Nationals and many character-based subplots to unpack, so here are some things that may or may not happen in Swagger‘s season finale:
- Given the title of the episode, one assumes that Jace and Jackie will push Jenna to take them to meet their father.
- Can Swagger win the Nationals without Jace? More to the point, can Jace bring himself to remain on the sidelines?
- Will Jace repair his relationship with Ike? One suspects he will, and perhaps meeting his real father again will allow him to see what Ike has done for him and how much he cares.
- Are the kids going to get rumbled for assaulting Crystal’s coach? It doesn’t seem like there is any evidence against them, but Tamika’s father did say there had been some interesting developments. Perhaps Royale and Nick will cause problems after challenging the others about their secrecy.