9-1-1: Lone Star is back, and with a bang — sort of, anyway. It was more like a rapid freezing, but you can include banging on ice and banging from beneath rubble if you want to be picky. Of course, two of the show’s core characters are crucially not banging, and nobody seems to know why, and the former 126 has major problems beyond the obvious weather ones. 9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 2, titled “Thin Ice” will likely be the back half of an introductory two-parter, though it’ll surely deal with some of the leftover personal issues alongside the immediate threat of the blizzard. Here’s where we stand:
9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 1 recap:
- The 126 have been disbanded following the second season finale, and the firehouse is scheduled for demolition.
- Marjan, Paul, Judd, and Mateo are all working at a different firehouse, while T.K., Nancy, and Vega are working for a private company, and Owen is hiding out in a cabin in the woods.
- An unprecedented blizzard sends Texas into chaos, majorly imperiling both Marjan and Paul by the end of the episode.
- T.K. and Carlos have split up, though nobody knows why, and by the end of the episode, they’re both in a pop-up triage unit in a furniture store.
9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 2 release date:
“Thin Ice” is slated for release on January 10, 2022, at 8:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). Do note that this is an hour earlier than the previous season’s prime time slot of 9:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). Adjust your calendars accordingly.
Where to watch 9-1-1: Lone Star online:
Episodes of the show can be watched on cable on the FOX channel, and new episodes can also be streamed over on the official website. Multiple other sites also have streaming rights to the show, including Hulu.
Preview and predictions:
There’s plenty going on both personally and professionally for the 126, but you can expect “Thin Ice” to immediately continue the storylines emerging from the blizzard, putting the personal dramas on the back burner. Here are some suggestions:
- From the promo above, it seems Paul is fine, but he’s going to remain trapped in that precarious “ice palace”, so he might not remain fine for long.
- It seems like T.K. is going to take a plunge into the sub-zero water where the turtle carrier discovered a body. Will his ordeal — and presumably subsequent hypothermia — help to mend the rift between him and Carlos?
- Owen will inevitably be brought back into action, both in the sense of having to deal with the man he found in the woods outside his cabin, and also dealing with what has happened to T.K. Will he also help out Marjan after her crash?
- Are the turtles okay?!