The Ice Storm continues to blight Texas in 9-1-1: Lone Star, leaving several of the core cast members in a great deal of trouble by the end of this week’s episode, “Thin Ice”. It’ll be a slightly longer-than-usual wait for 9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 3, “Shock & Thaw”, so here’s what went down, and what’ll hopefully be addressed when the show returns:
9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 2 recap:
- T.K. fell into a frozen lake while rescuing a little boy, and while he initially seemed fine, getting that wet and that cold only means one thing — hypothermia. He’s bedbound and comatose by the end of the episode and needs his father.
- His father, though, is in a barn with a bunch of illegal immigrants who’re on the run from coyotes, one of whom was the man that Owen nursed back to health. At the end of the episode, he bursts into the barn, armed.
- Paul was able to keep both himself and the young woman he was trapped with in the ice palace alive by fuelling their anger into warmth until Judd and Mateo could cut through the wall and drag them out.
9-1-1: Lone Star season 3, episode 3 release date:
“Thin Ice” is slated for release on January 24, 2022, at 8:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). Do note that this is an hour earlier than the previous season’s prime time slot of 9:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). Adjust your calendars accordingly.
Where to watch 9-1-1: Lone Star online:
Episodes of the show can be watched on cable on the FOX channel, and new episodes can also be streamed over on the official website. Multiple other sites also have streaming rights to the show, including Hulu.
Preview and predictions:
As well as presumably dealing with all of the already-established plot points, the promo above suggests another, HUGE one is right around the corner, so let’s indulge in some healthy speculation:
- Judging by the promo, Grace is going to go into labor in the company of Billy Tyson, and the both of them are going to get stuck in the blizzard while on their way to the hospital.
- T.K. will presumably remain comatose for the next episode while Owen deals with his new friends and their problems, but you can expect Carlos to spend a lot of time at his bedside.
- Marjan will probably help Owen out, given her location relative to his.
- Sadie seemed very impressed with Owen during his impromptu display of medical expertise, so there’s a good chance she’ll factor in too.