The Season 2 premiere of Superman and Lois established the new status quo and teased some new conflicts. Taking place three months after the first season finale, “What Lies Beneath” was an immediate return to form for the show as both as a family drama and a superhero adventure. Superman and Lois season 2, episode 2, titled “The Ties That Bind”, will continue to develop these elements, so here are the plot points it’ll be building on:
Superman and Lois Season 2 premiere recap:
- Three months after the defeat of Morgan Edge/Tal-Rho, things are back to normal in Smallville, but not for the major characters, since Lois has been acting out of character ever since she badly handled Natalie crash-landing on Earth-Prime.
- Speaking of Natalie, she tries to attend high school, but finds the transition too difficult until Lois speaks with her personally and invites both her and her father to stay on the Kent family farm.
- Superman earns the ire of Lt. Mitch Anderson, Sam Lane’s DoD replacement, by returning a North Korean nuclear submarine back to the North Koreans. Anderson wants Superman to publicly commit to America on the geopolitical stage, which he won’t, leading the lieutenant to set up a team of superpowered individuals all branded with the House of El.
- Lana Lang is endorsing a new mayoral candidate named Daniel Hart, which is causing problems between her and Kyle.
- Neither Jordan nor Jonathan are having much luck in love.
- In the final scene, a mysterious hand bursts through some rubble in the deep Shuster Mines.
Superman and Lois season 2, episode 2 release date:
“The Ties That Bind” will premiere on The CW Tuesday January 18, 2021 at 8/7c.
Where to watch Superman and Lois online:
Predictions and preview for “The Ties That Bind”:
After a lot of the Season 2 premiere was devoted to establishing the new status quo, you can expect the latest episode to turn up the heat on the subplots that were established. Some speculation:
- Superman’s issues with Anderson will continue to be exacerbated, which one assumes will eventually lead him into conflict with the entire United States government and military.
- How is Daniel Hart going to factor into all of this?
- As we can tell from the promo above, Jordan wants to accompany Clark as his “backup”. As he continues to get a handle on his powers, he’s inevitably going to want to use them more, especially given that his relationship with Sarah is becoming complicated.
- So, was that Doomsday at the end of the premiere? The second episode should provide another tease. Apparently, the third episode will reveal outright who the hand belongs to.