Next Time On… The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 4
In the latest episode of The Book of Boba Fett, Boba continued to struggle with his new leadership position on Tatooine. But after “Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa”, there’s definitely more of a narrative shape beginning to form, with a clear conflict in the present-day that will, presumably, tie into some of what we’re seeing from the past courtesy of Boba’s bacta tank. The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 4 will presumably expand on all these elements, so here’s what we got up:
The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 3 recap:
- Boba recruited a punky street gang who modify themselves with droid parts after intervening in their dispute with a water broker.
- In the past, we saw Boba try to collect protection money from the Pyke Syndicate on behalf of the Tusken Raiders, and learn that money was already being collected by a biker gang for the same territory. When he returned to camp, he discovered that the gang had slaughtered all of the Tuskens.
- Black Krrsantan, the Wookie assassin sent by the Twins, tried to kill Boba while he was in the bacta tank, but thanks to the combined efforts of Boba’s burgeoning crew, he was trapped in the palace’s rancor pit.
- The Twins brought Boba a new baby rancor as a gift and announced they were leaving Tatooine because Mos Espa had already been promised to another Syndicate by Mayor Mok Shaiz.
- Boba learned that the Mayor was working with the Pykes, who were already beginning to arrive in Mos Espa in worrying numbers.
The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 4 release date:
The Book of Boba Fett episode 4 releases on January 19, 2022, exclusively on Disney+, and will be available to stream at 12:01 am PST or 3:01 am EST. The streaming platform has elected to drop all of its big releases on a Wednesday rather than a Friday, presumably so as not to compete too directly with other platforms.
Where to watch The Book of Boba Fett online:
As mentioned above, The Book of Boba Fett is exclusive to Disney+, which is only available with a subscription.
How many episodes will The Book of Boba Fett have?
The Book of Boba Fett Season 1 will have seven episodes, each airing on a Wednesday, but there are, naturally, plans for the show’s story to continue beyond this initial batch.
Predictions and preview for the next episode:
It seems like war is on the horizon between Boba Fett and the Pyke Syndicate. Let’s speculate:
- I think we can safely assume that the bacta tank flashbacks, which now involve the Pykes, are going to tie into the present-day stuff?
- We’re 100% going to get a scene of Boba riding that rancor aren’t we? Look forward to that.
- The involvement of the Pyke Syndicate means the potential involvement of other gangs like Crimson Dawn — perhaps a cameo for Qi’ra? Long shot, but you never know.
- Krrsantan is definitely going to return and help Boba out, isn’t he? Does his appearance mean we’re on the cusp of a live-action Doctor Aphra debut? That’d be cool.