Next Time On… 1883 season 1, episode 6
In the latest episode of 1883, the show proved once again that the American West is perilous, and yet more of the travelers failed to make the long journey to Oregon. One of them was even a relatively important named character, so that’s kind of a big deal. And supposedly the worst is yet to come. Since the show is going on hiatus next week, 1883 season 1, episode 6 won’t air until the week after that, so it’s going to be a long wait to find out what further dangers await — or indeed how the ones experienced thus far have changed those who managed to live through them.
1883 season 1, episode 5 recap:
- Thomas and Shea convinced Josef to step up as a leader after he tried to blame them for the losses thus far. This included helping him rid the group of the remaining thieves.
- Elsa progressed her relationship with Ennis, against Margaret’s advice. The two had sex and got engaged the next morning, and were adamant about their love for one another even when James slapped Ennis around a little.
- Bandits caught up with the group and launched an attack. Eventually, they were all killed by James, Shea, Thomas, Wade, and some of the other travelers, but the last one was able to kill Ennis, who was trying to protect Elsa and the cattle. Elsa, in her grief, executed the final bandit.
1883 season 1, episode 6 release date:
The latest episode of 1883 is slated for release on 30 January 2022 at 3 am ET. The series is taking a week’s hiatus.
Where to watch 1883 online:
1883 is available to watch on Paramount+ and Paramount Network with a 30-day free trial. Paramount Network can be accessed through channel finders like Cox, WoW, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum/Charter, Optimum/Altice, DIRECTV and Dish. 1883 can also be streamed through services such as Philo, fuboTV, and Sling.
Preview and predictions:
The events of this episode will certainly continue to be felt going forwards. So, some predictions:
- Even though the boys got on the same page to take on the bandits, there was still some friction between James, Shea, and Thomas. Either they were all learn that they have to work together, or James will eventually have to make a decision to protect his own family that creates a rift that can’t be healed.
- Elsa is obviously going to be reeling from Ennis’s death. In which ways will her grief manifest? There’s a strong likelihood that she’s behaves even more recklessly.
- Is Elsa pregnant? Given this is a show about how the Dutton clan settled and expanded, I think there’s a very good chance that she is.