This week’s episode of Euphoria dealt with the ramifications of Fez beating Nate half to death, as well as checking in on some of the characters who were a little underserved by last week’s premiere. There’s lots to think about ahead of Euphoria season 2, episode 3, titled “Ruminations: Big and Little Bullys”, so here is where things stand after the latest hour:
- Nate was hospitalized after the beating and spent his time dreaming about a potential future with Cassie — and without his father.
- Speaking of which, Cal began to investigate who assaulted his son, finding his way to Fezco. But when he confronted Nate about why he let a small-time drug dealer beat him up, he learned about the existence of the tape of him and Jules that Nate blackmailed her with.
- Rue and Jules are back together but the presence of Elliot — and the secrecy around the extent of Rue’s addiction — is complicating matters.
Euphoria season 2, episode 3 release date:
“Ruminations: Big and Little Bullys” is slated to air on Sunday, January 23, 2022, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Where to watch Euphoria online:
New episodes of Euphoria air on HBO every Sunday night, but to watch on live TV, you’ll need a cable package with the premium channel. Likewise, the only place to stream it is on HBO Max with a subscription. An ad-free plan costs $14.99 each month, while a subscription with ads will run you $9.99 each month. This subscription will let you stream new episodes “live”, as well as binge-watch the second season.
Predictions and preview for “Ruminations: Big and Little Bullys”
- What’s Nate’s play regarding the tape? He almost certainly won’t hand it over, which means he’s either going to use it to keep his dad at arm’s length, or he wants something specific from him. The more dramatic outcome would be, I think, the latter.
- Are we looking at a traditional love triangle with Jules, Elliot, and Rue, or are we heading in a slightly different direction with Elliot being a contributing factor in Rue’s downward spiral rather than a potential romance option? Again, I’m leaning towards the latter.
- Cassie and Maddy are on a collision course thanks to Nate. Expect that to blow up soon.
- Kat’s relationship isn’t going to last, is it?