In the latest episode of The Book of Boba Fett, the flashbacks finally caught up to the present-day sequences as the focus turned to Boba Fett and Fennec Shand’s relationship. Since war with the Pyke Syndicate is brewing and Boba seems to be fully healed after his time in the bacta tank, The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 5 is likely to confine itself to one timeline as the battle for Tatooine commences. Here’s where we’re up to:
The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 4 recap:
- In the past, Boba found Fennec Shand badly wounded and had her guts modified with droid parts to save her life. In return for the gesture — and not cashing in on her considerably bounty — he asked for her help in retrieving his ship from Jabba’s palace.
- After retrieving Slave IV (?) from the palace, Fennec decided to stay with Boba as he took revenge on the biker gang that killed the Sand People and tried to retrieve his iconic armor from the Sarlacc Pit. He expresses his desire to take over Tatooine’s underworld, and the two formed a partnership.
- In the present day, Boba recruited Black Krrsantan. He also got the crime bosses of Tatooine together to propose an alliance against the Pyke Syndicate, and while they refused, they at least were willing to remain neutral in the coming conflict.
The Book of Boba Fett season 1, episode 5 release date:
The Book of Boba Fett episode 5 releases on January 26, 2022, exclusively on Disney+, and will be available to stream at 12:01 am PST or 3:01 am EST. The streaming platform has elected to drop all of its big releases on a Wednesday rather than a Friday, presumably so as not to compete too directly with other platforms.
Where to watch The Book of Boba Fett online:
As mentioned above, The Book of Boba Fett is exclusive to Disney+, which is only available with a subscription.
How many episodes will The Book of Boba Fett have?
The Book of Boba Fett Season 1 will have seven episodes, each airing on a Wednesday, but there are, naturally, plans for the show’s story to continue beyond this initial batch.
Predictions and preview for the next episode:
War is coming! Here’s how it might all go down:
- Are we done with the flashbacks now? I assume we are given that Boba is fully healed and we already saw how he retrieved his armor in The Mandalorian.
- Given Fennec’s suggestion at the end of the episode, it looks like the two of them are going on a recruitment drive. Where will they turn for the muscle they need? And will we see any more familiar faces on the way?
- Chances of a Doctor Aphra appearance? Place your bets.