The latest episode of 1883 was something of a breather, as the group stopped off at Doan’s Crossing, the last remaining scrap of civilization before they leave Texas behind for good and venture into even crueler climes. 1883 season 1, episode 7 will likely be the first step in a new direction, so here’s where we stand before we get there.
1883 season 1, episode 6 recap:
- At Doan’s Crossing, the group hired a cook and a new cowboy to ride with them. The cowboy, Colton, took a shine to Elsa immediately, but she didn’t reciprocate his flirting until she had begun to come to terms with Ennis’s death.
- Both Shea and James helped Elsa to control her grief.
- Margaret got very drunk with a shopkeeper and took her frustrations with the trip out on James.
- Thomas confessed his feelings for Noemi, and they slept together.
- The group collectively decided to cross the next river more safely, which would add two days to their journey.
1883 season 1, episode 7 release date:
The latest episode of 1883 is slated for release on 6 February 2022 at 3 am ET.
Where to watch 1883 online:
1883 is available to watch on Paramount+ and Paramount Network with a 30-day free trial. Paramount Network can be accessed through channel finders like Cox, WoW, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum/Charter, Optimum/Altice, DIRECTV and Dish. 1883 can also be streamed through services such as Philo, fuboTV, and Sling.
Preview and predictions:
Next week’s episode is likely to take us right into territory more dangerous than ever, so there’s everything to play for in the back half of the season. Some speculation:
- Thomas and Noemi’s relationship is undoubtedly going to cause some issues. Will he sacrifice himself to save her? Almost certainly at some point, yes, though perhaps not as soon as next week.
- Will anything happen between Carlton and Elsa? I suspect not. Her flirting back is probably just a way to show that she has come to terms with Ennis’s death and is willing to be herself again.
- James and Margaret are fine — their bickering is understandable, but they have a strong family foundation that isn’t going to be broken by a drunken spat.
- Will Shea make it to the beach? Man, I hope so.