1883 delivered arguably its best episode yet in “Lightning Yellow Hair”, a double whammy of disasters both natural and manmade. While nobody died, several characters came close, and everyone will be feeling the effects of these events when 1883 season 1, episode 8 rolls around next week, like the tornado that decimated the immigrants’ convoy. Here’s what went down.
1883 season 1, episode 7 recap:
- The group passed through new territory and befriended a couple of Comanches. One of them, Sam, took an immediate shine to Elsa, as every man in the West tends to.
- An incoming storm turned out to be a tornado that decimated the wagons and left the travelers’ belongings, horses, and cattle scattered everywhere.
- Thieves tried to round up the cattle, so James, Shea, Thomas, and Elsa rode out to liberate the animals. This culminated in a gunfight that saw all of the men nicked (though nonfatally) by bullets, and Elsa being saved at the last moment by Sam.
1883 season 1, episode 8 release date:
The latest episode of 1883 is slated for release on 13 February 2022 at 3 am ET.
Where to watch 1883 online:
1883 is available to watch on Paramount+ and Paramount Network with a 30-day free trial. Paramount Network can be accessed through channel finders like Cox, WoW, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum/Charter, Optimum/Altice, DIRECTV and Dish. 1883 can also be streamed through services such as Philo, fuboTV, and Sling.
Preview and predictions:
The next episode will find everyone in easily the worst state they’ve ever been in, their options more limited than ever. Some ideas:
- If you recall the cold open of the very first episode, it depicted Elsa being set upon by Native Americans. Since she has befriended at least two of the Comanches and was told by Sam that she’ll always be welcome in his home, it’ll be intriguing to see how she manages to fall foul of another group.
- Will the group turn back on foot, or press on? With their supplies dwindling, there’s only so long the cattle can keep them alive, and on foot the journey will be slow going. You can expect this decision to form an important talking point in the next episode.
- I think we’re due a major character death. As both Thomas and Shea joked in this week’s episode, their luck is running out, and it’s time to raise the stakes. So, who might it be? I’m leaning towards Thomas, personally.