This week’s episode of Peacemaker was the penultimate installment, but as mentioned in my recap, it felt like one of two finales, bringing a significant subplot and conflict to a meaningful end while also continuing to develop the dynamics of the team. Thanks to the efforts of “Stop Dragon My Heart Around”, Peacemaker season 1, episode 8 has a much stronger, more focused foundation on which to build the final showdown with the Butterflies. Here’s what happened:
Peacemaker season 1, episode 7 recap:
- In this episode we finally got confirmation in flashback that Chris killed his beloved brother Keith, and this is why Auggie despises him, despite the fact that Auggie forced them to fight in the first place and Keith’s death was clearly an accident.
- Chris remains a wanted man, so he’s more keen to destroy the cow than ever, and after Leota’s deception comes to light, the team are more than willing to help him. Murn and the Butterfly inside him is killed by Song and the others, though.
- White Dragon and his Klansmen attempt to kill Chris, but thanks to help from Economos and Vigilante, Chris is able to kill his father.
- The team all come back together, finally on the same page, and resolve to take out the cow.
Peacemaker season 1, episode 8 release date:
“It’s Cow Or Never” is slated for release on February 17, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific and 3:01 a.m. Eastern.
Where to watch Peacemaker online:
Peacemaker is available exclusively on HBO Max, which requires a subscription.
Predictions and preview for “It’s Cow Or Never”:
- The general shape of the episode should be easy enough to discern — the team are going after the cow, which we caught a glimpse of at the end of the previous episode, and it’s sure to be heavily guarded.
- One assumes that most of the infected police force will meet their ends here, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if we had “a Butterfly escaped” as a lingering plot thread for a second season to tug on.
- With Leota having gone full Team Good Guy, will we get any more involvement from Amanda Waller? Even if the team can kill the cow, will they also be able to clear Peacemaker’s name? Or will he end up back in prison so that he’s available for subsequent Suicide Squad-style missions?