This week’s episode of Raised by Wolves was a surprisingly brutal and effective one, surely changing the overall direction of the series just in time for the final few episodes. Raised by Wolves season 2, episode 5, titled “King”, will have a number of developments to further explore, including the following:
- The Trust manipulated Paul into delivering a viral bomb to Marcus and his followers, hidden inside his mouse. Paul himself became infected — a sacrifice the Trust considers worth it — and gradually morphed into a scaled and inert version of himself with reptilian eyes.
- Campion, after experiencing a vision he believed to be of Sol, implored Mother to help save Paul. In so doing, she retrieved her eyes from Marcus’s stomach and thus regained her powers, while stripping him of his.
- Mother returned Paul to the Collective in full Necromancer mode, and killed her way inside. After learning that there is no cure for Paul’s condition and that the Trust wouldn’t budge on the matter of helping find or synthesize one, Mother shut the Trust down and assumed leadership of the Collective.
- Father continued to feed his mysterious lifeform fuel blood, and at the end of the episode, he encountered it levitating in the air, looking very much like the vision of “Sol” that Campion had.
Raised by Wolves season 2, episode 5 release date:
“King” will premiere on February 24, 2022. The new episodes will air weekly on Thursdays, on HBO and HBO Max, at 3:00 a.m. ET / 12:00 a.m. PT.
Where to watch Raised by Wolves online:
As mentioned above, Raised by Wolves is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. To watch the series on HBO Max you need to have its subscription, which is available for $9.99 (with ads) or $14.99 (ad-free) per month (or $99.99/$149.99 a year).
How many episodes are in Raised by Wolves Season 2?
Raised by Wolves Season 2 will have eight episodes, airing weekly each Thursday and running between 45-55 minutes.
- Episode 1 and 2, “The Collective” and “Seven”, aired on February 3, 2022.
- Episode 3, “Good Creatures”, will air on February 10, 2022.
- Episode 4, “Control”, will air on February 17, 2022.
- Episode 5, “King”, will air on February 24, 2022.
- Episode 6, “The Tree”, will air on March 3, 2022.
- Episode 7 will air on March 10, 2022.
- Episode 8 will air on March 17, 2022.
Is there a trailer for Raised by Wolves Season 2?
Yes! Here it is:
Preview and predictions for “King”:
Phew. This really could go anywhere, couldn’t it?
- If Paul’s condition is presently incurable, I imagine we’ll keep him on ice for a while as a motivator for Mother, Sue, and perhaps even Marcus. Will he be saved, or not?
- So, if the lifeform Father has been nursing is the same one Campion saw, how does that work? Campion seemed to see the vision a while before Father did. This will inevitably be explained, but whatever it is, it doesn’t look much like a deity to me.
- None of this explains the voices that Marcus and Paul have been hearing. Do the floating, glowing lifeforms have the capacity to communicate telepathically, maybe?
- The serpent got next to nothing to do this week, but if Mother is able to design a control chip for it, it’ll be interesting to see how she utilizes the creature.