The latest episode of 1883 saw the show finally catch up to its cold open, with a misunderstanding leading to one of the most calamitous moments in the season. In the wake of this event, it seems very likely that at least one major character is going to die in 1883 season 1, episode 10, the much anticipated season finale, titled “Hells Half Acre”. Here’s what went down:
- Josef’s wife Risa fell off her horse, and Josef got bitten by a rattlesnake.
- The group discovered a camp of Native American women and children who had been massacred by horse thieves.
- James, Thomas, and Shea set out to kill the horse thieves to convince the Natives that they weren’t responsible since the convoy’s tracks led directly to the Native camp.
- Lo and behold, the Native men returned to camp and found the carnage, followed the tracks back to the convoy, and attacked the immigrants, killing Cookie and several others.
- Elsa took an arrow in the chaos, but she was also able to stop the fighting by revealing her Native husband and the fact that her father was out hunting the killers.
- James, Thomas, and Shea killed the horse thieves, and on their way back to camp, they told the Natives as much. But it was too little too late. Since Elsa was shot through the liver with a dirty arrowhead, she’s almost certainly going to die of an infection, which James and Margaret both agreed to keep from her so she can enjoy her final days.
1883 season 1, episode 10 release date:
The latest episode of 1883 is slated for release on 27 February 2022 at 3 am ET.
Where to watch 1883 online:
1883 is available to watch on Paramount+ and Paramount Network with a 30-day free trial. Paramount Network can be accessed through channel finders like Cox, WoW, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum/Charter, Optimum/Altice, DIRECTV and Dish. 1883 can also be streamed through services such as Philo, fuboTV, and Sling.
Preview and predictions for “Hells Half Acre”:
- It seems unavoidable that Elsa is going to die, and since James promised Margaret that they’d settle wherever that was, can we assume she makes it to Montana?
- Since Elsa has figured out that she’s dying, will she insist on making her life count in some significant way before she dies?
- In all the commotion, we forgot about Josef and his wife. What is the likelihood that he survives a rattlesnake bite? Probably slim.
- Will Sam be able to see Elsa before she dies?
- I’m still predicting a noble Shea death, though if he could make it to the beach as his wife wanted, that’d certainly be nice.