In the latest episode of Euphoria, Lexi finally put on her play. A rather thinly-veiled autobiographical account of her life, it was a big hit for most, even if it turned Lexi into a maniac stage manager and caused a few viewers a fair amount of distress. Euphoria season 2, episode 8, the season finale which is wordily titled “All My Life, My Heart Has Yearned for a Thing I Cannot Name”, will doubtlessly have some unpacking to do. So, here’s where we are:
- Lexi’s play detailed her life, relationship with Cassie, some of Rue’s drug addiction, and more, including making open fun of Lexi’s mother (played by Ethan) and Nate (also played by Ethan).
- Speaking of Nate, he was appalled by a deliberately homoerotic song and dance number making fun of him and his jock friends, and stormed out — it seems like he also broke up with Cassie.
- Nate also had a vivid dream about his father taking him from behind, so, you know, not a great day for him.
- Elsewhere, Fez got ready to attend the play, but never made it thanks to the sudden arrival of Custer. Ashtray spotted him conspiring with Faye, so there’s going to be hell to pay here.
Euphoria season 2, episode 8 release date:
The latest episode is slated to air on Sunday, February 27, 2022, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Where to watch Euphoria online:
New episodes of Euphoria air on HBO every Sunday night, but to watch on live TV, you’ll need a cable package with the premium channel. Likewise, the only place to stream it is on HBO Max with a subscription. An ad-free plan costs $14.99 each month, while a subscription with ads will run you $9.99 each month. This subscription will let you stream new episodes “live”, as well as binge-watch the second season.
Preview and predictions for “All My Life, My Heart Has Yearned for a Thing I Cannot Name”
You can expect some fairly big developments in the season finale:
- Things involving Fez and Custer are sure to come to a head. With the police imminent, will Fez get arrested, or will he and Ashtray do something drastic and have another death to cover up?
- Regarding the above, will Faye have a change of heart? I think we’re heading that way.
- The ramifications of Lexi’s play are going to be felt between Nate and Cassie especially, but there’s still the whole matter with Cassie and Maddy to attend to. It’s probably safe to say we’ve seen the last of Kat and Ethan’s relationship, which is probably just as well.
- We saw Jules destroy the tape of Cal having sex with her, so that evidence is now out of play. Hopefully this means that Jules can focus on reconciling with Rue and leave all that behind her.
- But will Rue be available to be reconciled with? Given she still owes a lot of drug money to some very unsavory people, I imagine we’re going to either see her in imminent danger, or relapse once again.