Raised by Wolves turned the weirdness all the way up in its latest episode, entwining its genre storytelling with its higher-level pontificating, making for an outing that was intriguing and strange and raised many more questions than it answered. Next week’s Raised by Wolves season 2, episode 7, ominously titled “Feeding”, will have all kinds of plot turns and religious symbology to unpack, so let’s see where things stand:
- Marcus was taken back to the atheist colony by Father and Lucius, though he was eventually freed by Sue, who is now a believer in Sol after her recent experiences.
- After their escape, Marcus, Sue, and Paul tried to forcibly open the patterned box, which caused No. 7 to go ballistic. They had no success until later when Sue inadvertently opened the device by singing Paul a lullaby.
- The “seed” inside the box embedded itself in Sue, and when Marcus and Paul awoke the next morning, they discovered her missing and a giant “tree of life” had grown outside.
- Elsewhere, Mother, Father, and Campion tried to communicate with the old android that Father had regenerated. Campion was able to activate it and it spoke to him in Ancient Mithraic. It believed itself to be Father’s “partner” and then shut down when he told it how many humans were on Kepler-22b.
- Tempest gave birth to her child on the rocks by the beach, but the crying summoned one of the native mer-monsters, who kidnapped it.
Raised by Wolves season 2, episode 7 release date:
“Feeding” will premiere on March 10, 2022. The new episodes will air weekly on Thursdays, on HBO and HBO Max, at 3:00 a.m. ET / 12:00 a.m. PT.
Where to watch Raised by Wolves online:
As mentioned above, Raised by Wolves is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. To watch the series on HBO Max you need to have its subscription, which is available for $9.99 (with ads) or $14.99 (ad-free) per month (or $99.99/$149.99 a year).
How many episodes are in Raised by Wolves Season 2?
Raised by Wolves Season 2 will have eight episodes, airing weekly each Thursday and running between 45-55 minutes.
- Episode 1 and 2, “The Collective” and “Seven”, aired on February 3, 2022.
- Episode 3, “Good Creatures”, aired on February 10, 2022.
- Episode 4, “Control”, aired on February 17, 2022.
- Episode 5, “King”, aired on February 24, 2022.
- Episode 6, “The Tree”, aired on March 3, 2022.
- Episode 7, “Feeding” will air on March 10, 2022.
- Episode 8 will air on March 17, 2022.
Is there a trailer for Raised by Wolves Season 2?
Yes! Here it is:
Preview and predictions for “Feeding”:
Where to even start here? Some ideas:
- I think Sue’s idea that “Sol” is an actual, physical presence of Kepler-22b is accurate, though I obviously don’t believe it’s a deity. The show hasn’t been all that subtle about Sol and the ancient civilization being one and the same, so it’s probably lingering, advanced technology from the planet’s former inhabitants.
- What’s No. 7’s relationship to the Tree of Life box? It seemed to be connected to it on an actual sensory level as if it was feeling the pain from the attempts to break it open. If that’s the case, what happens to No. 7 now the box was opened of its own accord?
- Expect the android Father has regenerated to be the exposition gateway to a lot of information about how all this connects. It’s the easiest way.
- Why wasn’t Tempest’s baby harmed by the fish-man’s acid hands? Does being born on the planet make you somewhat of the planet?