This article contains predictions for the Hulu series The Dropout season 1, episode 6.
Elizabeth returned to old habits in “Flower of Life”, entering dangerous territory with her criminal activities and having further mental breakdowns. Everything is descending into complete madness within the company as lawsuits and pressured deadlines threaten to upend the years of work. Another packed installment worth analysis. Here’s what happened in episode five of The Dropout:
- Walgreens demanded a launch date after three years of nothing. Elizabeth is given a further six months to have the device up and running. Sunny demos further prototypes that explode and catch fire.
- Richard discovers Ian Gibbons’ name on all Theranos patents and subpoenas the chemist in the hopes of finding out more of the company’s dark secrets. The pressures of testifying cause Ian to become unwell and drink too much. He is sent to their legal team for advice.
- Lawyer David Boies interrogates Richard at his deposition, coaxing a rant out of the entrepreneur.
- With the tight deadline closing in, Elizabeth and Sunny decide to pull apart a similar machine to steal their technology, thus committing fraud.
- Ian worries about testifying to the point where he overdoses and is found dead by his wife and their dogs.
- The news of Ian’s death causes Elizabeth to have a further breakdown and she talks to a finger puppet dragon. The legal team tells her that they need Ian’s laptop and paperwork.
- Tyler (Dylan Minnette) and Mark (The Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussman) join the team just in time to hear Elizabeth’s rousing speech. She talks about their new logo and that their blood-testing device will be in Walgreens in 48 hours’ time.
- Richard agrees to drop the lawsuit now that Ian is dead, but says he will continue his own investigation. He phones Phyllis Gardner, who calls Elizabeth a fraud.
The Dropout season 1, episode 6 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Thursday, March 24th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Dropout season 1, episode 6 on Hulu and Disney+ at the date mentioned above.
- Richard Fuisz will continue to investigate the corruption and fraudulent activities at Theranos, finding clues to lots of incriminating evidence.
- The new lab director will find out what happened with Ian Gibbons and the old boss. He will start to unravel the problems at Theranos, mainly the stolen technology.
- Elizabeth and Sunny will continue to fall apart. Elizabeth’s actions will become more erratic and Sunny’s temper will worsen.