The latest episode of The Walking Dead was a good one, some script issues notwithstanding. With a tense setup having already been established, next week’s The Walking Dead season 11, episode 14, titled “The Rotting Core” and already available on AMC+, should be able to take the ball and run with it. Here’s where we’re up to:
- In a non-linear sequence of events, we learned about a new community holed up in an apartment block (I’ve been calling the place and the community Riverbend, based on a map notation and IMDb.
- Hornsby had become certain that Riverbend had hijacked a Commonwealth weapons shipment meant for some special purpose that we’re currently unaware of. Since he’s misusing Pamela’s expansion resources for his personal endeavors, he couldn’t authorize an official response, so instead sent his ex-CIA assassin buddy Carlson to handle the situation under the guise of assimilating Riverbend into the Commonwealth (as with Alexandria).
- Aaron, now working for the Commonwealth as the front of their immigration initiative, recruited Father Gabriel to help with the situation, since Riverbend are a religious group.
- When Carlson started killing people in search of the weapons, one of the Commonwealth group was able to ride to Hilltop (with help from Negan, who is living in the community now) and summon help from Maggie, Lydia, and Elijah.
The Walking Dead season 11, episode 14 release date
“The Rotten Core” is currently available on AMC+. It will air on AMC on Sunday, March 17, at 9 p.m. ET.
Where to watch online
Since The Walking Dead is such a popular and longstanding show, there are many different ways to check out the latest episode. The most efficient for die-hard fans is, obviously, an AMC+ subscription, which allows you to view the episode a week before everyone else. Using AMC’s app or website, the episode can be live-streamed at the date and time above when it officially airs, and anyone else can access the episode via a litany of live TV streaming platforms such as Spectrum, Sling TV, DirecTV, Fubo TV, Philo TV, Xfinity, Apple TV, and YouTube TV.
Preview for “The Rotten Core”:
Here’s an official synopsis for The Walking Dead season 11, episode 14:
Maggie, Lydia and Elijah help Aaron and Gabriel on a rescue mission; in the chaos, Negan finds himself watching over Hershel; Sebastian coerces Daryl and Rosita into pulling a heist.
From this we can make some assumptions:
- We’re obviously going to see the gang try and take down Carlson and his Commonwealth goons. Will it be done in the space of a single episode? Probably, but the bigger question then becomes what happens next? Surely Hornsby will be onto them.
- How does Hershel end up at Riverbend? And since he hasn’t received much characterization, is he going to have enough awareness to figure out who his new babysitter is?
- You can bet your bottom dollar that Sebastian’s task for Daryl and Rosita is some kind of self-serving nonsense. Can Daryl keep his cool enough not to rock the boat of the Commonwealth’s leadership?
You can stream The Walking Dead season 11, episode 14 right now on AMC+, and catch it on AMC from March 27.