This article contains predictions for the HBO Max series Minx season 1, episodes 5 and 6.
As I thought, Doug’s business dealings are about as shady as they get with him being raided for the 19th time as he excitedly mentioned. A new councilman throws a wrench in their plans, but ultimately it leads to some initiative from Joyce that finally gets the first magazine going. Here is what went down in the third and fourth episodes of Minx.
- A raid happens and the cops shakedown Doug’s business for money because of a new councilwoman who is going to cause major issues for what’s ahead for their future. Because of the raid, Joyce loses all the sponsorships she was hoping to have for the magazine.
- Joyce is trying to revamp the magazine with new articles and topics and she is struggling to find the right pieces to convey the message she wants.
- As the councilwoman makes life hell for Doug, Joyce uses her meeting with her as motivation to get back on track.
- Joyce asks Shelly to come work with her at Minx.
- Tina makes some moves in order to find some dirt on the councilwoman.
- As Joyce prepares the firefighter for the press conference, they end up sleeping together. (Shocker, I know.) The moment leads to the press conference going amazing after a rocky start because Joyce breaks Shane’s heart and he quits.
- Doug has an ‘I told you so” moment with Joyce and lets her know that he is under contract and the magazine will be published regardless of how she feels about it.
- As Joyce mends things with Shane, we finally see that the first copy of Minx has been officially published.
Minx season 1, episodes 5 and 6 release date
The next two episodes of Minx are scheduled to premiere on HBO Max on Thursday, March 31, 2022. It’s the fifth and sixth of ten episodes dropping on the date with two episodes dropping weekly between now and April 14, 2022.
Where to watch online
As mentioned above, Minx is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. To watch the series on HBO Max you need to have its subscription, which is available for $9.99 (with ads) or $14.99 (ad-free) per month (or $99.99/$149.99 a year).
- We know there are money problems at Bottom Dollar and I think we see Joyce find out what’s going on and this may cause some uproar between her and Doug.
- I don’t think we have seen the last of Shane and Joyce’s relationship. I think he is still smitten by her and that could lead to him trying to get her back.
- Joyce rides the high of the magazine but faces tough battles ahead topping the first issue.
- Does the reporter from the press conference come into play? Does he have something up his sleeve in order to hinder the magazine? Or is he just after Joyce?