This article contains predictions for the Apple TV+ series Pachinko season 1, episode 4.
There’s a lot of tragedy in Sunja’s life, but Chapter three ends on a note of optimism. Having explained her predicament to her disappointed mother, a guest in their boarding house overhears the conversation. This stranger, known as Isak, takes Sunja to dinner and makes his ‘decent’ proposal. Here’s what happened in episode three of Pachinko:
- Sunja tells Koh Hansu that she is pregnant with his child. He reveals that he is already married with three children and their courtship must remain a secret.
- A heartbroken Sunja tells her mother this secret, but Isak overhears. At dinner, he tells Sunja to give her unborn baby up for adoption. Sunja makes a rousing speech about providing for her child and respecting her father’s wishes. She is determined to make a life for her baby, no matter the pain and suffering she must endure because of it. Sunja is happy to be an outcast if she can care for the baby. Isak apologizes.
- Isak subtly hints at providing a home for Sunja and her baby, possibly even marrying her. She accepts the proposal with a tearful nod.
- In the eighties, Solomon struggles to acquire the property from a stubborn landowner. He asks his grandmother (Sunja) to help convince her to sell. The two ladies talk about their shared past and yearning to visit Korea one day.
- Later it is revealed that their chat managed to convince her to sell and Solomon celebrates with his work colleagues.
- Hana phones him again and it is revealed that she is working at a brothel and maybe ill.
- Sunja tells her son that she wants to spread Kyunghee’s ashes in Korea. Sunja and Kyunghee were desperate to return to their homeland but never got the chance.
Pachinko season 1, episode 4 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 1st, 2022. The time of release is 12 am (midnight) PT.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Pachinko season 1, episode 4 on Apple TV+ at the date mentioned above.
- Teenage Sunja will accept Isak’s proposal and the two will live together, away from her old life. Sunja will give birth to her child, who I am guessing will become Solomon’s father, the owner of the Pachinko parlour.
- Koh Hansu will find out about this arrangement and wish to see his child. He will not make their life easy, which will cause a lot of anxiety for Sunja. He may even ruin their entire setup out of jealousy.
- In the eighties, Solomon will begin searching for Hana. This will lead him to a seedier part of Japan and a criminal underworld.
- Older Sunja will journey to her homeland with her son to spread Kyunghee’s ashes.