Next Time On… Moon Knight season 1, episode 2
After a fair amount of fanfare, the latest Disney+ MCU show is here. And it’s… weird, honestly, which judging by the marketing was entirely the point. Even so, “The Goldfish Problem”, a manic premiere, established Moon Knight as a comedy, an action-adventure, an exploration of Egyptian mythology and dissociative identity disorder, and an unsurprisingly good time, anchored by a performance from Oscar Isaac that, by his own admission, channels Peter Sellers, Karl Pilkington, and other British TV comedy greats. Next week’s Moon Knight season 1, episode 2 will have a lot of material to build on, since very little was explained in any meaningful sense, and instead a bunch of characters and plot elements were introduced or hinted at, ready for future exploration. Here’s where we stand:
- Steven Grant is a bumbling Englishman who works in a museum gift shop and believes he has a sleep disorder, but he really has an alter-go in Jewish-American mercenary Marc Spector, a conduit for an Egyptian god named Khonshu.
- During a blackout, Steven finds himself running afoul of Arthur Harrow (Ethan Hawke), a cult leader who seems to be channeling the Egyptian goddess Ammit.
- Harrow is able to track Steven back to London, where he weighs his worthiness using his magical cane and tattoo, and detects a great deal of “chaos” within him.
- So as not to be eaten by a monstrous jackal, Steven willingly allows Marc to take over his body, and we get our first glimpse of him in full costume right as the episode ends.
Moon Knight season 1, episode 2 release date
The next episode of Moon Knight is slated for release on Wednesday, April 6. It’ll be the second of a planned six episodes, all airing on Wednesday.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 1 aired on March 30, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 2 will air on April 6, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 3 will air on April 13, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 4 will air on April 20, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 5 will air on April 27, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 6 will air on May 4, 2022.
Where to watch Moon Knight online
Moon Knight is available exclusively on Disney+, and can only be watched with a subscription.
Moon Knight plot and trailer
A former U.S. Marine, struggling with dissociative identity disorder, is granted the powers of an Egyptian moon god. But he soon finds out that these newfound powers can be both a blessing and a curse to his troubled life.
Preview and predictions for the next episode
Since the premiere introduced a lot of people and plot elements without much information, it’ll be interesting to see which direction the next episode goes in. Here are some ideas, though:
- I think we’re very likely to see some focus on the Marc Spector side of the equation, perhaps explaining how he got hooked up with Khonshu.
- Harrow’s goal, and the relevance of the golden scarab, or likely to be touched upon, but probably not completely explained. I’m thinking that’ll come later once both aspects of the Steven/Marc dynamic have been introduced.
- Despite the above, the mythological undertones are obviously very important here, so they will doubtless be developed in the background or alongside the characters.