This article contains predictions for the Paramount+ series Halo season 1, episode 4.
Episode three of Halo, “Emergence,” opens with an origin story of Makee (Charlie Murphy) and Master Chief (Pablo Schreiber). She was on planet Oban, a UEG Tier 2 waste salvage colony, as a child. She has been taken against her will by the Covenant because she was a creature who had powers that would be able to turn on the keystone. In contrast, Master Chief is given an assistant, Cortana, who helps enhance his ability to explore his past and connection to the artifact. And yes, they are talking, presumably, about the same thing.
- The leaders of the Covenant challenge Makee to locate the keystone and the “demon” who stole it from their clutches. That demon is Master Chief, and the keystone is the artifact now in the UNSC’s possession.
- It turns out the clone Dr. Halsey is growing is her double. She extracts the brain of the clone and now unlocks Cortana. A digital AI that now is going to optimize Master Chief’s abilities.
- Master Chief, uh, carves out a piece of himself to get past unconscious blockages to explore the visions he has when he touches the artifact. With the help of Cortana, Dr. Halsey has her guide him to gain his trust. He pulls out his emotional regulator, which helps him unlock blindspots. The only problem is that Cortana cannot see the visions when Master Chief holds the artifact.
- The visions reveal that Master Chief grew up on the planet Eridanus II and there is a second keystone. And the artifact fits inside it!
- Makee takes over a UNSC ship and searches for ways to locate the keystone and where the demon is located. She sends a message to UNSC headquarters warning them of her mission.
Halo season 1, episode 4, release date/time
Halo season 1, episode 4, will be released on April 7, 2022, at midnight PT, exclusively on Paramount+.
Where to watch online
As mentioned above, Halo season 1, episode 4, can be watched exclusively on Paramount+! The streaming platform is available with plans as low as $4.99 a month. New streaming customers can get a 7-day free trial by clicking these words.
Let’s explore what may happen next week!
- It was revealed that Master Chief’s parents were killed on Eridanus (or, at least, that is what we presume). But why was the Master Chief spared? Did he escape before they sealed off the planet, or did he live because of some supernatural force? Perhaps the keystone?
- Are Makee and Master Chief related somehow? If you look back at any great science fiction movie or series, there is a connection between the main character and the chief villain. Perhaps, it was Makee on Eridanus, and that is how she ended up on the planet Oban? Look for this to be touched upon by the season’s end.
- Will Soren-066 (Bokeem Woodbine) drop his anti-hero ways and join Kwan Ha (Yerin Ha) with the resistance on Madrigal? Woodbine’s Soren needs an interesting character arc, and what better way than to finally believe in something like this?
- Will Cortana somehow break free from her loyalty to Dr. Halsey and begin to align herself with the Master Chief? Look for this plot point to be developed by the end of the season, with the AI showing loyalty to the Spartan leader.