This article contains predictions for the HBO Max series Tokyo Vice season 1, episodes 4 and 5.
Tokyo Vice is a brilliant new series on HBO Max. Based on Jake Adelstein’s memoir, Tokyo Vice takes us on a dark and gripping journey through the dark side of the politics within Japan’s underworld. Here is what has happened so far:
- Jake gains a job at the well-respected Meicho Shimbun Newspaper.
- We learn that he has little contact with his family, and his sister may have attempted suicide in the past.
- Jake links the latest murders/suicides to a logo that may belong to a loan shark business.
- Whilst exploring the area, Jake meets Samatha, who may or may not be a prostitute.
- Jake gets taken for a “ride.”
- A flashforward shows the safety of his family being threatened if he decides to run a particular story about Tozawa-san.
Tokyo Vice season 1, episodes 4 and 5 release date/time
The next two episodes, which currently have no titles, are scheduled to premiere on HBO Max on Thursday, April 14th, 2022 at midnight PT. They are the fourth and fifth of eight total episodes airing weekly between now and Thursday, April 28th, 2022.
Where to watch
Tokyo Vice will air exclusively on HBO Max. The streaming app will costs $9.99 a month ($14.99 without ads).
At the time of writing, there wasn’t much given away about where Tokyo Vice could lead the viewers. So, this is purely just guesswork, but here we go!
- Jake and Samantha will grow closer, with her life being directly placed in danger.
- Due to the “exclusive story” Jake gained in episode three, it’s likely that his professional career will start to see vast improvements.
- That is, anyways, if he is able to escape the danger that focused on him in the closing moments of episode three. I personally predict that the “danger” will be resolved within the first ten minutes.
- As Tokyo Vice seems to want to make the audience aware of the danger of the underworld. As a result, does that mean that a key character could be facing death?
- Finally, is there more to Emi’s phone call from the end of episode three? I think so. I just don’t know how or why.