The latest episode of Moon Knight covered a lot more ground than usual, thanks mostly to Marc Spector being in control for the first time. We were whisked away to Egypt, where Marc/Steven, Layla, and Khonshu attempted to track down the location of Ammit’s tomb before Harrow did, all while trying not to annoy the Egyptian pantheon so much that they encased Khonshu in stone. Naturally, this didn’t exactly work out, meaning that Moon Knight season 1, episode 4 will likely feature a rescue mission as Marc/Steven and Layla try to rescue Khonshu without the aid of any of his powers. Here’s what went down:
- The gang tried to track down Ammit’s tomb in Egypt despite neither Marc nor Layla being especially welcome in Cairo.
- Khonshu was warned by the other deities that any further meddling in human affairs would cause him to be punished, and Marc/Steven didn’t qualify as a character witness because of his obvious mental instability.
- Since the location of Ammit’s tomb was incredibly secret, it was known only to one other, whose resting place the gang are able to track down thanks to a dodgy antiquities dealer.
- Using a star chart recovered from that tomb, the location of Ammit’s tomb was able to be deciphered using the position of a particular constellation, but Khonshu has to send the sky itself back through time in order to get things exactly right. This led to him being encased in stone by the other Gods.
Moon Knight season 1, episode 4 release date
The next episode of Moon Knight is slated for release on Wednesday, April 13. It’ll be the third of a planned six episodes, all airing on Wednesday.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 1 aired on March 30, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 2 aired on April 6, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 3 aired on April 13, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 4 will air on April 20, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 5 will air on April 27, 2022.
- Moon Knight season 1, episode 6 will air on May 4, 2022.
Where to watch Moon Knight online
Moon Knight is available exclusively on Disney+, and can only be watched with a subscription.
Moon Knight plot and trailer
A former U.S. Marine, struggling with dissociative identity disorder, is granted the powers of an Egyptian moon god. But he soon finds out that these newfound powers can be both a blessing and a curse to his troubled life.
Predictions and preview for the next episode:
- It seems like a rescue mission will be on the cards, but how will Steven/Marc and Layla fare without the powers of the Moon Knight? It’ll require some teamwork.
- It seems very much like a third alternate personality was teased during one of the action sequences in “The Friendly Type”, and odds are that this is a version of Jake Lockley.
- I’m still very much into the idea of Marc-Steven-Layla love triangle, and I think the latest episode only validated that theory.