This article contains predictions for the HBO Max series Tokyo Vice season 1, episode 6 and episode 7. You can check out all of our Tokyo Vice coverage by clicking these words.
Now that Tokyo Vice is five episodes in, it’s really showing how deep and corrupt the underworld is within Japan. As Jake’s aim to expose the corruption becomes more achievable, so does the risk for himself and those around him. Here is what has happened so far:
- Jake delves deeper into his theory that loan sharks are involved in a number of suicides.
- His supervisor Eimi aids him as he investigates the theory.
- Sam, who has stolen $40,000 from a missionary, intends to open her own club.
- Jake avoids speaking to his father.
- Sato watches as Kume is forced into committing suicide for being a traitor.
- Sato gets violently attacked and nearly killed.
Tokyo Vice season 1, episode 6 and episode 7 release date/time
The next two episodes rumored to be titled “The Information Business” and “Sometimes They Disappear” are scheduled to premiere on HBO Max on Thursday, April 21st, 2022 at midnight PT. They are the sixth and seventh of eight total episodes airing weekly between now and Thursday, April 28th, 2022.
Where to watch
Tokyo Vice will air exclusively on HBO Max. The streaming app will costs $9.99 a month ($14.99 without ads).
Tokyo Vice is past the halfway point now, and as most of the characters are written with superb layers of depth, it allows for every little twist to be vital to the story. With the flashforward that showed Jake getting threatened still to air, here are some predictions of what may happen in the meantime:
- Sato will be traumatized from the events of episode 5, and he’ll lean on Jake (and possibly Sam) to help him through it.
- Sam will become more vital to the story, and somehow, her story will coincide with Jake’s. As a result, I fear that she may face a tragic death in Tokyo Vice.
- Based on the rumored title “Sometimes They Disappear”, will a key character(s) go missing? Who knows, but if that’s the case my money is on Jake’s co-workers Trendy and Tin Tin.
- Finally, I firmly believe that Eimi is working with the baddies. She had that mysterious phone call in Episode 3, and she was too eager for the address book in Episode 5. For a scandal this corrupt, it’s more than possible that they have someone working at the newspaper to keep control of scandalous stories.