This article contains predictions for the Apple TV+ series Pachinko season 1, episode 7.
As we grow ever closer to the finale of Pachinko you would expect the writers to be working towards an end goal, something to drive the narrative forwards. Chapter Six seems devoid of these usual traits, the only real mysteries still to solve involve Sunja’s past and Solomon’s new business venture, which don’t seem as enticing as that outstanding fourth episode. Here’s what happened in episode six of Pachinko:
- In the eighties, Hana is finally found and is dying from AIDs in a hospital. Her mother Etsuko stays by her side and the two reconnect after many years apart.
- Solomon loses his job although he meets with businessman Mamoru Yoshii, who wants to launch his very own chain of Pachinko parlors around the world.
- Older Sunja confesses to losing her first son and blames herself. She is happy Solomon left for America and worries that he is cursed when she is around.
- In the thirties, a younger Sunja is in the throes of labor. She is really struggling to give birth and no one appears to help her.
- Husband Isak leaves in search of his brother Yoseb instead. He finds him getting drunk in a bar and stays with the lowlife whilst his wife is suffering. The two bond and Isak tells Yoseb to treat Sunja more fairly.
- On returning from the bar they find Sunja has given birth to a healthy baby boy. She lets Yoseb name the child, he decides to call him Noa.
Pachinko season 1, episode 7 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 22nd, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Pachinko season 1, episode 7 on Apple TV+ at the date mentioned above.
- Sunja confessed to losing a child, which means that Noa is the one that doesn’t make it. We will find out what happened to her first son via flashbacks.
- In the thirties, Sunja will start to work and begin to move up the social ladder.
- Solomon will start to build a new Pachinko empire with Yoshii, going behind his father’s back. Baek Mozasu will find out what his son intends to do and will be offended he didn’t ask for his help.
- Yoshii will be caught up in some criminal activity and Solomon will have to decide whether to bail or stick around with this dangerous individual.
- Hana’s health will deteriorate further and she will have a heartfelt chat with Solomon.