This article contains predictions for the Hulu series The Girl from Plainville season 1, episode 7.
In “Talking Is Healing” the story flits between two distinct timelines once more, the trial in 2017 and the couple’s declining mental states in 2014. The trial itself is an intriguing and dramatic offering, where Michelle’s text messages are plastered on the walls for all to see and witnesses recount the damaging evidence. Michelle’s defence seem hopelessly inept, but the evidence is so strong. How can she escape a prison sentence? Here’s what happened in the sixth episode of The Girl from Plainville:
- Michelle’s lawyers request a bench trial and succeed, meaning the judge will make the final decision as there will be no jury.
- The lawyers make their opening statements. The defence say that Michelle was supporting Coco’s suicide whilst the prosecution say she was berating him, forcing the suicide.
- Lynn testifies, saying Coco was happy and didn’t want to kill himself. As the trial progresses she starts to doubt this theory herself though and watches the video diaries he created.
- The opposition show Michelle’s text messages, where she lies to her friends, saying Coco went missing and then later admits to telling Coco to get in the car, persuading him to commit suicide. These damning messages are hard to ignore.
- Back in 2014 Michelle starts therapy for her eating disorder and realises that she is a controlling person.
- Coco graduates and starts working for his dad. He leaves work early one day to go play video games and his father confronts him. They argue and fight, punching one another. Lynn struggles to cope with this, unsure what to do.
- Depressed, Coco meets up with Michelle. He says that he hates himself and dreams of killing himself. Michelle suggests telling his mother and Coco goes ballistic. He threatens to kill himself again and demands she never tells anyone.
The Girl from Plainville season 1, episode 7 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Tuesday, April 26th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Girl from Plainville season 1, episode 7 on Hulu at the date mentioned above.
- The trial will continue moving forward, with more evidence and more witnesses. Michelle will struggle to cope with the massing pressure and may resort back to her past habits. She may start eating irregularly and exercising too much again.
- Lynn will start to hunt for more clues of Coco’s mental state, doing her own private investigation at home. She’ll start to second guess her own thoughts on her child. Was he happy, was he suicidal?
- In the flashbacks, Michelle and Coco’s relationship will be further strained leading up to the day of the suicide. They will argue and things will turn nasty.
- One last event will trigger Coco’s suicidal behaviour, acting as the final straw, leading to his death.
You can watch this series with a subscription to Hulu.