This article contains predictions for the Amazon Prime Video series Outer Range season 1, episodes 5 and 6.
Outer Range continues to shock and amaze with the closing of the fourth chapter, marking the halfway point in this insane western sci-fi hybrid. A lot has transpired in those first four episodes, with bottomless black holes, murder, mayhem, and many time-traveling antics to decipher. Let’s jump right in and discuss what just took place in “The Loss”, unpacking all that drama, as well as analyzing where this crazy series is heading in next week’s installments. Here’s what happened in episode four of Outer Range:
- A flashback explained thoroughly why Wayne Tillerson wants that west pasture so badly and just exactly what his connection to the hole entails. A worker finds a rock covered in black residue on the ranch and passes it to Wayne. This elicits a faded memory of him witnessing the hole as a child. The Tillerson patriarch then does a little dance.
- Deputy Sheriff Joy drives to the Abbotts to retrieve Trevor’s corpse and question the family about this strange occurrence. Granddaughter Amy tells the truth, whilst the adults cover for Rhett, who isn’t home. They manage to contact the bull rider just in time to explain the cover-up story before he’s interrogated.
- As the Deputy Sheriff starts to connect the dots, she decides to quiz Maria, Rhett and Perry separately, trying to coax the truth from the trio down at the station. Maria confesses to lying about Rhett’s alibi, whilst the Abbott brothers struggle to keep shtum.
- The Tillerson brother’s mother Patricia arrives via helicopter and quickly takes a hold of the situation. She berates the Sheriff at the Coroner’s report and shocks the Abbotts at Trevor’s funeral. The grieving mother opens up the casket and watches their responses, singling out Perry in the process as the killer.
- At the wake, Autumn and Royal play an intense game of poker, where Royal ends up victorious taking Autumn’s necklace as his prize. He cheats to win and has visions of a bison.
- That night, Wayne drives to the west pasture and locks eyes on the hole again. Royal attacks him and is hit with the precious rock in the fray. Wayne drives off elated at the discovery.
Outer Range season 1, episodes 5 and 6 release date
The next two episodes are scheduled to premiere on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 29th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Outer Range season 1, episodes 5 and 6 on Amazon Prime Video on the date mentioned above.
- Deputy Sheriff Joy will continue her investigation, finding more evidence to arrest either Perry or Rhett for Trevor’s murder, as she is unhappy with the coroner’s initial conclusions.
- Royal will fight Wayne for ownership of the land, confronting the man about his discovery and the attack.
- Wayne will return home and explain to his family the endless hole and its possible powers.
- Autumn will try to regain her precious necklace, whilst Royal tries to decrypt its magical qualities.