This article contains predictions for the Paramount+ series The Offer season 1, episode 4.
We saw The Offer premiere three episodes all at once on Paramount+, and now what can we expect to look for heading into episode four. Here’s what went down in those three episodes.
- We find out that Paramount is struggling to stay afloat against other networks. Because of this, Robert is trying everything he can to find his next big hit.
- Albert Ruddy is on the rise but wants more from the Hollywood scene which prompts him to meet with Robert to get a job with Paramount producing films.
- Stuck with writer’s block, Mario reaches down to his roots to write ‘The Godfather,’ which pisses off everyone including the mafia.
- After some back and forth, Robert convinces Paramount’s owner Charles Bluhdorn to take on the making of The Godfather which in turn he gives to Albert to produce the film.
- Albert gets Francis Ford Coppola to write and direct the film, but this leads to the end of an episode where the mafia sends someone to make them aware they want the production to be shut down by shooting Albert’s window out of his car.
- Bettye refuses to leave Albert’s side after the shooting incident in the car.
- The mafia is tired of playing games so they leave a dead rat on Robert’s bed at his hotel. The incident causes Robert to threaten to pull the plug if Albert doesn’t get it together. After that, Albert is taken by a man with a gun.
- Francis begins to get frustrated with the casting and finding out he can’t shoot in New York. But smooth-talking Albert talks him off the ledge and promises to get him what he needs to shoot.
- While Robert is being pushed out of Paramount, the mafia leaves him another warning to stop the film. The threat scares him and threatens Albert to get it under control or he is pulling the plug. At the end of episode two, the mafia pays a visit to Albert and takes him hostage.
- After his abduction, Albert convinces Joe Colombo to let him make the film. He has Bettye fly to New York with the script to show him that it won’t be a negative film about his family.
- Francoise starts to poke around the office by convincing Albert into letting her find scripts for him to produce.
- Robert goes off the deep end throughout the episode. First, it was them showing a film test with Pacino as Michael which he didn’t like. Next, he throws the script at Albert after finding out it was 170 pages long. He has his back against the wall with Paramount and isn’t happy.
- Joe Gallo is released from prison and has a huge bone to pick with Joe Colombo.
- Marlon Brando says yes to Mario about playing the lead in The Godfather.
The Offer season 1, episode 4 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Paramount+ on Thursday, May 5, 2022. It’s the fourth of ten total episodes airing weekly between now and Thursday, June 16th, 2022.
Where to watch online
As mentioned above, The Offer season 1, episode 4 will air exclusively on Paramount+. Since Paramount+ is still making a name for itself in the Streaming Wars, there will be many new customers signing up for the service on the strength of original shows such as this one. Membership is $4.99 or $9.99 a month (the latter is the premium package), or $49.99/$99.99 on an annual plan.
- Joe Gallo is going to cause issues for not just Joe Colombo, but the making of The Godfather.
- The pieces start to come together for the filming of the movie to ramp up.
- We get our first introduction to Justin Chambers as Marlon Brando who has agreed to play Don Corleone in the film.
- Francoise and Bettye come head to head and Albert is forced to pick sides.
- Frances continues his uphill battle of fighting for everything he wants for the shooting of the movie.