Welcome to our monthly rundown of what’s coming to Disney+ in June 2022. Please note, this article focuses primarily on original content rather than licensed fare, with particular attention paid to recognizable IPs or hotly-anticipated movies and shows. Since complete information isn’t available right now, this article will be regularly updated throughout the month with the latest additions as and when we get them. And do remember that here at Ready Steady Cut we offer the most comprehensive coverage of all streaming releases, so be sure to check back regularly not just for updates but for links to our reviews and recaps for June’s offerings.
As ever, Star Wars and Marvel will be leading the charge here, alongside some obligatory family content.
What’s coming to Disney+ in June 2022?
Shows continuing from May
- Obi-Wan Kenobi — The highly anticipated Star Wars show that sees the return of Ewan McGregor as the title character and Hayden Christenson as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. It will continue through June after debuting in May and will conclude on June 22.
- A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel — Documentary short.
- Hollywood Stargirl — A teen romantic drama film directed by Julia Hart.
- Ms. Marvel — The MCU expands once again with the origin story of Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel, a nerdy Muslim American teen who develops super-stretchy superpowers of her own. After the success of Hawkeye and Moon Knight, Marvel will be hoping to continue their run of small-screen success.
- Beyond Infinity: Buzz and the Journey to Lightyear – Documentary film.
- Family Reboot — A six-part series that follows real families as they take a one-of-a-kind journey to reconnect.
- Rise — Traces the real-life emigration tale of the Antetokounmpo family, whose story takes them from Nigeria to Greece, and then—for brothers Giannis, Thanasis, and Kostas—to America and the NBA.
- Trevor: The Musical — Filmed version of the Off-Broadway stage production that was itself inspired by the 1995 Oscar-winning short film “Trevor.”
- Baymax! — The first of at least five animated Disney+ shows to come from Walt Disney Animation Studios over the next few years is based on the 2014 feature film Big Hero 6.
That’s everything that’s coming to Disney+ in June 2022. You can check out these releases, along with many others, with a subscription to the platform.