Welcome to our monthly rundown of what’s coming to HBO and HBO Max in June 2022. Please note, this article focuses primarily on original content rather than licensed fare, with particular attention paid to recognizable IPs or hotly-anticipated movies and shows. Since complete information isn’t available right now, this article will be regularly updated throughout the month with the latest additions as and when we get them. And do remember that here at Ready Steady Cut we offer the most comprehensive coverage of all streaming releases, so be sure to check back regularly not just for updates but for links to our reviews and recaps for June’s offerings.
What’s coming to HBO and HBO Max in June 2022?
Shows continuing from May
- The Staircase — Tells the story of Michael Peterson, a crime novelist accused of killing his wife Kathleen after she is found dead at the bottom of a staircase in their home, and the 16-year judicial battle that followed. You can find all of our coverage by clicking these words.
- My Dead Dad — Fabio Frey’s feature directorial debut.
- On My Way With Irina Rimes — Documentary film following the acclaimed vocalist.
- Irma Vep — French director Olivier Assayas (Personal Shopper, Summer Hours) adapts his own acclaimed 1996 movie into an A24-produced limited series that will debut at Cannes.
- The Janes — A timely documentary from Emma Pildes and Tia Lessin looks at the Jane Collective, an underground Chicago-based group that provided over 11,000 illegal abortions prior to the Roe v. Wade ruling.
- Amsterdam — The series follows the story of Nadia y Martín, who are trying to make it in the art scene in La Condesa, one of Mexico City’s trendy neighborhoods.
- Summer Camp Island — Heartwarming animated series.
- Father of the Bride — The latest remake of the classic rom-com (originally a novel that was adapted multiple times for film and TV, including commercially successful feature films in 1950 and 1991) follows a Cuban-American family.
- Menudo: Forever Young — A riveting four-part docuseries chronicling the untold story behind the rise and fall of Menudo, the most iconic Latin American boy band in history.
- Little Ellen (Season 3) — Pre-school animated series.
- Westworld (Season 4) — HBO’s acclaimed sci-fi/mystery series returns for its fourth season after its previous two outings received mixed receptions. Nevertheless, this remains one of HBO’s biggest releases in June.
- Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Underground Rock Experience — A special rock experience.
That’s everything coming to HBO and HBO Max in June 2022. You can check out these releases and many others with a subscription to the service.