Next Time On… Billy the Kid season 1, episode 8 – “The Rampage”
We’re only a week out from the finale of Billy the Kid, and “At the House”, albeit briskly, set the stage for the upcoming Lincoln County War. Billy the Kid season 1, episode 8, titled “The Rampage”, will presumably see all these chickens come home to roost, narratively speaking, so here’s how things stand heading into that final hour:
- Billy arrived in Lincoln and reunited with Jesse, Pat, and the rest of the gang, who are working for Lawrence Murphy, Johnny Riley, and Jimmy Dolan, Irish Union Army veterans operating a crooked business called “The House.”
- The House is under threat by John Tunstall, a rival businessman who is stealing its clientele by treating the people of Lincoln more fairly. In financial dire straits, Murphy has hired Billy and the others — though Billy in particular — to scare the region into making sure The House wins.
- True to form, though, Billy isn’t keen on Murphy’s tactics and moral character, so when the shakedown of a local farmer named Garcia results in the man’s death at the end of Pat’s gun, Billy instead goes to meet with Tunstall’s lawyer McSween, obviously with the intention of switching sides.
Billy the Kid season 1, episode 8 release date
“The Rampage” is slated for release on June 5, 2022. It’ll be the finale of eight episodes releasing weekly every Sunday. Here’s the full schedule:
- Billy the Kid season 1, episodes 1, 2, and 3 released on April 24, 2022.
- Billy the Kid season 1, episode 4, “Interlude”, released on May 1, 2022.
- Billy the Kid season 1, episode 5, “A Little Bit of Paradise”, released on May 8, 2022.
- Billy the Kid season 1, episode 6, “Fate”, released on May 15, 2022.
- Billy the Kid season 1, episode 7, “At the House”, released on May 22, 2022.
- Billy the Kid season 1, episode 8, “The Rampage”, will release on June 5, 2022.
Where to watch Billy the Kid online
Billy the Kid is exclusive to Epix, which is available as an add-on for another popular platforms such as Amazon Prime and FuboTV.
Preview and predictions for “The Rampage”:
- War will almost certainly break out. Unless Epix are angling for another season, which seems unlikely given how close we are to the end of Billy’s real life, everything should come to a head in this finale.
- There will probably be a time skip, though, since Pat has to have time to return from his “sentence” to become a Lincoln lawman, though of course, the law in Lincoln is just another of Murphy’s business interests.
- Given the history, the general shape of events should see the death of Tunstall, and then the death of Sheriff Brady in response. Killings continue back and forth for months until the death of McSween and the scattering of the Regulators, at which point Pat Garrett, now Sheriff, hunts down Billy the Kid and Charlie Bowdre, who we met in “At the House”, along with one other Regulator.
- Jesse’s fate is still mysterious, so I’m going to guess that Billy kills him here.
- Will we see Upson again to bring the whole Santa Fe Ring plot together? I suspect so.
Of course, there’s still a pretty strong chance that Epix decides not to do any of this, and instead deals with the Lincoln County War across an entire season. We’ll have to see.