Next Time On… The Staircase (2022) season 1, episode 8, the finale
This article contains predictions for the HBO Max series The Staircase (2022) season 1, episode 8, the finale.
It’s nearing the end of The Staircase, and, as a result, the show’s providing more drama about what happened in the years after Kathleen died. In case you missed it, here’s what happened in the seventh episode of The Staircase:
- Kathleen’s cause of death (head trauma with no fractures) is no longer an anomaly as a murder victim, Dennis Rowe, also died without any fractures.
- Sophie learns that Dennis might be someone that Michael slept with prior to Kathleen’s murder.
- The local news reports that the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation have been failing to do its duty.
- In 2001, Kathleen tells Michael that all of her shares have fallen. Therefore, they are at risk of financial ruin.
The Staircase (2022) season 1, episode 8 (finale) release date/time
The eighth and final episode is scheduled to premiere on HBO Max on Thursday, June 9th, 2022, at midnight PT.
Where to watch online
The Staircase will air exclusively on HBO Max. Based on a US subscription, the streaming app will cost $14.99 a month, with a thirty-day free trial for new users. Unfortunately, HBO Max is unavailable in UK regions. However, as NOWTV services provide most of the content available on HBO Max, a NOW Entertainment membership for £9.99 will give you access to The Staircase.
Even though this is a real-life case, and like me, most of the audience will know the outcome, The Staircase has done a great job of telling the story in a way that the viewers are dying to see what happens next. Here are a few predictions of what could occur in the season finale:
- Michael will see Caitlin for at least one scene, although their reunion will be anything but blissful.
- The Peterson family will be well and truly torn apart. Some members may stick by Michael’s side, but others will abandon (or move away) from the family, and the ongoing scandal.
- Michael and Sophie will be shown getting romantically involved.
- Based on the ending of episode seven, I predict that we’ll see more of a ruthless side to Michael. And that may entail showing him plan Katherine’s death for financial gain.
- However, much like the series itself, I feel that the finale will end in a manner that leaves the cause of Katherine’s death open to interpretation.