This article contains predictions for the Apple TV+ series The Essex Serpent season 1, episode 6 (finale).
The final episode is only a week away with The Essex Serpent quickly coming to its premature end. The penultimate chapter sets up the series for an intriguing, action-packed conclusion. Cora’s two love interests are now out of reach and the villagers of Aldwinter are been picked off one by one, either due to illness or the suspected prehistoric monster that haunts their waters. Here’s what happened in episode five of The Essex Serpent:
- The townsfolk search for Naomi, whilst the Ransome family pack for London. Stella is in desperate need of a diagnosis as she has now started to cough up blood.
- Cora is sulking in bed after the fall out from her birthday celebration. Martha manages to peak her interest with talk of the fossil find. She shows this discovery to the archaeological society, but they ask for more specimens. Cora takes her frustrations out on servant Martha and the two argue.
- Stella visits Luke in London and is diagnosed with tuberculosis. She refuses radical treatment and allows Will to take the children to the National History Museum before they return home. At the museum Will bumps into Cora in an awkward exchange.
- Cora remains heartbroken and sobs at her home. She tries to make amends with Martha and they journey to the slums, hoping to convince Charles Ambrose to elicit some social change in government.
- At the slums, Luke is appalled by the living conditions, stating there is hazardous gas in the air, vermin on the ground and cholera surrounding them. Martha is persuasive and Charles says he’ll raise the issue in Parliament.
- Cora supports Luke at a special party in his honor. The two get drunk and Luke proposes to her. She laughs it off, sparking a vile streak in Luke. The doctor brings up her love for Will and Stella’s disease. Cora is offended and again argues, this time she’s the one to storm off though.
- At home she destroys her late husband’s vase and then goes to town on the house, smashing mirrors and ripping fabric off the walls. Meanwhile Luke is attacked by a thief and is stabbed in his operating hand.
- Will builds a fire and talks to it, renouncing god and all his sins. He wishes for Cora to be brought back to him. Clearly the vicar is losing his faith and his grip on reality too.
The Essex Serpent season 1, episode 6 (finale) release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, June 10th, 2022. The release time is 12 midnight PT.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Essex Serpent season 1, episode 6 on Apple TV+ at the date mentioned above.
- Will’s anger may get the better of him and he is sure to either clash with the villagers or use that frustration to help them in their manic assault on this make-belief monster. The town will plan an attack, heading into the waters to kill the beast.
- The villagers will find Naomi’s dead body and fight back, causing more harm to themselves than the sea creature.
- Cora will apologize to Luke, yet the damage is already done and their romance will be officially over.
- Stella will die and Will shall declare his love to Cora instead. She will have to decide whether to be with him as a sinner or live without him and be heartbroken.
- Cora may finally decide her future plans, with regards to love, life and her career. Hopefully she makes the right choice, but it’s a tricky one for the widow to make.