This article is a preview for Obi-Wan Kenobi season 1, episode 6 and contains spoilers for previous episodes.
In the latest episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader and the Empire finally caught up to Obi-Wan and Leia. But thanks to a variety of twists and turns, and the solidarity of those who walk the Path, the good guys were once again able to escape — though admittedly not without some casualties. Next week’s finale promises to be a banger, so here’s where things stand:
- Vader was able to track Obi-Wan and Leia to Jabiim thanks to the tracker in Lola. It quickly became a race against time as the Empire queued up outside while Leia tried to open the hanger doors to facilitate an escape.
- Obi-Wan tried to buy time by negotiating with Reva, who he figured out was one of the younglings in the Jedi Temple on the night of Order 66. She isn’t serving Vader, but hunting him, which Obi-Wan intends to use to his advantage.
- Obi-Wan is able to escape by once again using Vader’s rage and desire for victory against him, a point which is made twice over by some flashbacks. Reva takes the opportunity to attack, but Vader absolutely demolishes her, and the previous Grand Inquisitor re-takes his position.
- Haja, who was looking after Obi-Wan’s belongings when he surrendered himself, leaves behind the communicator that contains a message from Bail Organa alluding to “the children” and specifying Tatooine as a place of interest.
- RIP to Tala and the loader bot, who were both killed during the escape.
Obi-Wan Kenobi season 1, episode 6 release date
The fifth episode will be released on Wednesday, June 22, at 8 am GMT. Despite the first two episodes airing on a Friday, subsequent episodes will return to the usual midweek slot alongside the forthcoming Ms. Marvel. This will be the sixth episode of a planned six, airing weekly through June 22, 2022.
Where to watch Obi-Wan Kenobi online
Preview and predictions for the next episode:
- Reva is alive, as we saw, so is she headed to Tatooine next? Once suspects so.
- We got more Roken this week, but no real backstory. In the absence of Tala as Obi-Wan’s main confidante, will he learn more about him and perhaps the Jedi he was married to?
- Will we get a final showdown between Vader and Obi-Wan? There’s a part of me that thinks we won’t, with the show having already proved a thematic point about Anakin still technically being the Padawan because he can’t control his need for victory. You can even relate this back to his line in A New Hope about the last time he saw Obi-Wan, he was the learner, not the master.