This article contains predictions for Better Call Saul season 6, episode 9.
After a midseason break, the series returns to air the last ever six episodes as we are almost at the Breaking Bad storyline. This is where we are up to after a tension-filled episode 8:
- Episode 8 opens with a lonely brown shoe dancing around in the waves next to the beach. The camera pans back to show the other shoe and an abandoned car playing classical music. On the car dashboard, there’s a wallet and a wedding ring. This all belongs to Howard.
- Lalo gives Jimmy an address of where he’d like him to drive. He’s sending him on an assassination mission to kill Gus. Lalo also wants a photo as proof of death.
- Jimmy cowardly tells Lalo that he should send Kim to do it. Kim is emotionally mortified. Lalo agrees with Jimmy and sends her to do the assassination.
- Kim leaves, thus leaving Jimmy with Lalo — he’s tied to a chair. Kim reaches the house that Lalo described, and she rings the doorbell. As the door opens, she points the gun, but Mike grabs her from behind. The scene flits to Mike asking Kim to calm down. She tells him that Lalo is going to kill Jimmy. Kim reveals the plan given to her by Lalo and gets angry that Mike did not protect her.
- Gus calls Kim and wants to know why Lalo sent her. Kim reveals he didn’t want to send her at first but initially sent her husband, but Jimmy talked Lalo “out of it.” Gus seems moved by the fact that her husband talked Lalo “out of something.” Gus checks out the laundrette as he harbors a hunch. And that’s when Lalo walks in, shooting all of Gus’s men to the floor. It was a trap, and Lalo has a grin on his face as he points his gun at his enemy.
- Lalo gets out a camcorder to record the presumed demise of Gus. He asks for a tour of the laundrette, but when Gus does not respond, Lalo shoots him in the chest, knowing he has a bulletproof vest on. A winded Gus starts the tour and shows Lalo where the meth lab is. Lalo is excited, as he suspected this place had existed all this time.
- Gus then provides a distraction, runs off, picks up a gun, and shoots Lalo multiple times. Gus turns on a light and walks up to a Lalo who is severely bleeding from the neck down. Gus looks down at him coldly. Lalo laughs with blood gushing out before dying.
- Gus rings the manager Lyle at one of his chicken shops. He tells him he will not be in for the week and that he needs Lyle to be the store manager. The camera then focuses on Gus, who has bullet wounds on his lower stomach. Mike explains a doctor will arrive in a few hours.
- Kim and Jimmy reunite, and they hug each other tightly. Mike and his team head over to clean the apartment and deal with Howard’s body. Mike clarifies to Jimmy and Kim that “Lalo is not coming back.” He then reveals his plan of what they will do with Howard, including his car. Mike links his plan to Kim and Jimmy’s plan to bring Howard down. They will make it look like Howard committed suicide and that Jimmy and Kim were the last to see him. Mike then tells them both to have a “normal day” and clarifies that “none of this ever happened.”
- Ironically, Howard is buried in the unfinished meth lab. But before the soil hits him, Gus takes his shoes — the same shoes we saw at the start of the episode.
Better Call Saul season 6, episode 9 release date
The next episode will premiere on AMC on July 18, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch Better Call Saul season 6, episode 9 on AMC on the date mentioned above. Viewers worldwide can expect episode 9 to be available on Netflix on July 19 at 12 midnight PT.
Predictions and questions
- What now for Kim and Jimmy? The aftermath of what happened in episode 8 is crucially important. Will Kim understand what Jimmy did?
- What next for Gus? He nearly died in episode 8, but now he managed to defeat one of his main enemies.
- Will the authorities believe that Howard died of suicide?
- We predict some complications as Kim and Jimmy try to return to their everyday lives.