This article contains predictions for the HBO series The Rehearsal season 1, episode 4.
Episode three continues the parenting simulation, but throws in another rehearsal for Nathan Fielder to orchestrate. The show splits into these two separate scenarios, each delivering raw emotions and unique human insight. Here’s what happened in episode three of The Rehearsal:
- Fielder has played the father role for two days now and is struggling to find a connection with his new family. Angela bosses him about. She has him start a small vegetable patch and they argue about Halloween, while she plays with the child.
- Fielder has another rehearsal to juggle as well. This one centers on Patrick, who has animosity towards his brother. The brother is in charge of Patrick’s grandfather’s will and won’t let him have his cut until he ditches his gold digger girlfriend. Patrick wants to convince his brother that the partner is not with him for his money.
- They rehearse at a reconstructed restaurant, but Patrick can’t seem to follow Fielder’s strategies.
- Fielder stays late and misses the bedtime routine with three-year-old Adam. The son never asks about Nathan and doesn’t seem interested in his new father at all.
- Fielder creates a staged setup involving a fake grandfather and his hunt for buried treasure. The scheme allows Patrick to bond with an old man, recreating similar stakes to the rehearsal.
- The fake grandfather offers Patrick some of his money and then dies the next day. This provides Patrick with the suitable emotions to utilize in his rehearsal. The plan works and Patrick breaks down crying, saying he hasn’t had time to grieve.
- Angela and Nathan agree to hire a nanny, because of their work commitments.
- Patrick never shows up to the rehearsals ever again, even when Fielder tries to track him down to a theme park.
- Fielder and his team go over-the-top, installing digitally aging mirrors and planting fully grown crops. Although Fielder still can’t feel a connection.
- He reflects on the experiment, worrying that the human brain can only be deceived so much. Yet Angela and Patrick seem to have fallen for the simulations in fine form.
- Fielder spies a barcode on one of the vegetables and turns it over, deciding to live in the fantasy world some more.
The Rehearsal season 1, episode 4 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on HBO and HBO Max on Friday, August 5th, 2022, at 11 pm ET/PT.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Rehearsal season 1, episode 4 on HBO and HBO Max at the date mentioned above.
- Hopefully the parenting simulation will carry on some more. Adam will continue to age at a rapid speed from a child to a teen, bringing new problems to the forefront for our fake parents.
- Angela seems to be distancing herself from the process and may walk out before the two months are up.
- Nathan Fielder wants to feel more and I imagine he will go out of his way to fully engage with the project. Who knows what crazy schemes he has in store to help with this new dilemma?
- Alongside this, Fielder will continue his other rehearsal plans, with mixed results.