This article contains predictions for Better Call Saul season 6, episode 13, the finale, and contains information on the release date and where to watch online
Episode 12 was another series highlight. The start of Saul’s downfall is triggered as viewers were treated to incredible character development. Here’s what happened in the latest episode:
- Episode 12 starts with Jimmy (as Saul) in the Breaking Bad timeline in his office. Francesca is cranky due to the number of clients waiting to see him late in the evening. However, Saul is too busy deliberating over a divorce document from Kim Wexler.
- We see Kim in Gene’s timeline; she’s living a normal, everyday life.
- Kim works at the company Palm Coast Sprinkler in an office administrative role. Despite a drastic change of career (from law to admin), Kim seems to be embracing a new world with little thrills, engaging in a new social life with a group of women from work.
- Kim receives a phone call at work. It’s Jimmy. Jimmy asks if they can “catch up” after six years apart, but Kim tells him he shouldn’t be calling her and that he should turn himself into the authorities. Kim is emotionally stricken by the conversation.
- Following this phone call, Kim heads out on a journey to a county courthouse. She then meets the wife of Howard, Cheryl, and gives her a document. It’s an account of what happened to Howard and how he met his demise at the hands of Lalo; the document highlights how Howard was at “the wrong place at the wrong time” due to Kim and Jimmy’s meddling.
- Cheryl is in shock, but Kim reassures her that Howard did not suffer. Cheryl does not buy Kim’s sentiments, knowing Howard’s life was a lie. Kim assures Cheryl that she wants to change Howard’s story — she tells her it’s up to the District Attorney whether to prosecute after handing over this document, but it may not happen because there’s no evidence.
- Jimmy (as Gene) breaks into the wealthy man’s house and steals his financial information. However, his friend and partner-in-crime, Jeff, crashes his cab while the police are nearby. The rich man stops the police and states that he has been robbed. Jeff needs bail from prison.
- Back to the Breaking Bad timeline; Saul and Kim are signing the divorce papers together in Saul’s office. Saul tries to small talk with her as they finish proceedings, which catches Kim off guard. Saul tells her to “have a nice life.”
- Kim lights up a cigarette outside. Jesse is outside, and he asks her for a cigarette while making small talk about the rain. He recognizes her as a lawyer who defended one of his friends. Jesse asks Kim if Saul Goodman is a decent lawyer. She tells him, “when I knew him, he was,” and runs out into the rain to her car.
- Back in the Gene timeline, Gene rings Jeff’s mother, Marion, and lets her know her son is in jail. He reassures her that it will be a straight-cash bail and that it will be straightforward because “it is not like Albuquerque.” Marion sounds suspicious as Gene walks her through the plan and tells her he’ll pick her up in the morning. After their phone call, Marion gets out her laptop.
- Gene heads to Marion’s house and can see she’s deep into her laptop. Marion tells Gene to go to the police himself, but then he sees what she’s looking at on her laptop — a Better Call Saul television advert. Ironically, Gene can hear himself talk about Albuquerque in the advert.
- Gene asks Marion if she thinks he is Saul, but she is prepared for his bullshit. She typed into the internet “con-man, Albuquerque,” which brought up Saul. As Marion tries to phone the police, Gene disconnects her phone and asks her to see the “bigger picture.” Marion grabs the alarm button attached to her neck. She’s an older woman with a house set up for assisted care living.
- Marion pushes the alarm, and a nurse talks to her through the speakers — Marion tells the nurse she’s with a criminal called Saul Goodman. Gene flees the house.
Better Call Saul season 6, episode 13 (finale) release date
The finale of Better Call Saul and the last-ever episode will premiere on AMC on August 15th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch Better Call Saul season 6, episode 13, the finale, on AMC on the date mentioned above. Viewers worldwide can expect episode 13 to be available on Netflix on August 16th, 2022, at 12 midnight PT.
Predictions and questions
As we close out this brilliant series, only a few questions remain:
- Will Saul get caught? Will his demise be similar to Walter’s?
- Will Kim get arrested? It seems that Kim has taken the moral route in her life, so it could be that she is the one that brings down Jimmy/Saul. It will be interesting to see if she ends up in prison.