This article contains predictions for the HBO series The Rehearsal season 1, episode 6, and also includes detail on the release date and where to watch online.
Nathan Fielder tackles the tricky subject of religion in another amazing installment of the HBO original. Here’s what happened in episode five of The Rehearsal:
- Nathan takes his father duties seriously, as they recreate the parenting simulation with Adam playing a 6-year-old again. Angela is argumentative with Nathan’s parenting style though and pushes her Christian beliefs.
- The simulation is in the middle of winter now, fitted out with fake snow. As they prepare for Christmas, Nathan sees an opportunity to bring up his own religious views. Nathan wants Adam to learn about Judaism, but worries Angela will reject the idea. So he practices the conversation in another simulation.
- When Nathan asks Angela if they can teach both religions, Angela says no. Nathan decides to teach Adam about Judaism in secret anyway. He pretends to take Adam to swimming lessons, but is actually off to a synagogue and a Jewish tutor.
- The tutor finds out about Nathan’s lies and she wishes to confront Angela about her views. The meeting goes terribly and ends in another argument. Angela won’t budge and the tutor believes she is anti-Semitic.
- Nathan hides out at his replica bar, which is now a genuine bar open to the public. He watches the old footage and notices that Angela was breaking character when Nathan was away. She would talk to the actors about their real lives all matter-of-factly.
- Nathan practices another rehearsal, deciding how best to talk to Angela about her waning involvement in the process. What is she getting out of it? Why is she here? In real life, the conversation goes badly again and Angela asks to leave the process.
- Nathan takes down the Christmas decorations and replaces them with Hanukkah themed ones instead. He invites the Jewish tutor over and they teach Adam some more about Judaism.
- The tutor pushes her views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, telling Nathan to use his platform to address the issue.
The Rehearsal season 1, episode 6 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on HBO and HBO Max on Friday, August 19th, 2022, at 11 pm ET/PT.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Rehearsal season 1, episode 6 on HBO and HBO Max at the date mentioned above.
- In the season finale, Nathan will try to parent on his own, but may ask the actor playing Angela to help out when things get too much for the single parent.
- He will try to raise Adam properly and impart his own knowledge on the child.
- Nathan will self-reflect on parenting and the whole process.
- Knowing Nathan Fielder, I am sure there is something entirely unpredictable and unique in store for the finale. Who knows what innovative and philosophical ideas he has ready for the final episode?